Before & After edit, a ton of work.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't in charge of moving the model around do to this being at a workshop, or I would have gotten some fill light on the crown. I composited in nearly all of those little leaves around the gems, the shadow just destroyed the colors in them. Altogether there are over 100 layers in editing this photo and more than 8 hours. I am aware that the crown is very vibrant, I liked it that way. :)
Everyone was shooting full body shots, so I got some closer headshots.
CC always welcome.

Canon T3i, vintage 135mm F/2.8 set at 2.8 (If I remember right, no camera data on old lenses.) ISO 100, 1/640 sec.

Before.
IMG_3088.jpg

After.
Lieke 5.jpg

Good job with the edit -- she doesn't look too pleased about that camera lens pointed at her though.

Joe

P.S.

Couldn't resist:

smile.jpg

Last edited:
To emphasize the headpiece it would've been better to not frame so tight across the top so it wouldn't be cut off. Exposure looks off in the original, looks like adjustments needed to be made before releasing the shutter.

Will you get feedback from the instructor of the workshop? That was a fast shutter speed for a still subject; bringing that down a little slower and adjusting aperture and ISO accordingly might have given you a better exposure.

Good job with the edit -- she doesn't look too pleased about that camera lens pointed at her though.

Joe

P.S.

Couldn't resist:

View attachment 176227

She was told to give a queenly type look, and she really did it! LOL
That is very Mona Lisa like smile! LOL

She was told to give a queenly type look, and she really did it! LOL
That is very Mona Lisa like smile! LOL

Nope!!! I know that look, it's the one I get from DW when we're out with a group of people, and I say something that really ticks her off. It's the look that says, "Wait till we're at home, you're gonna get it buddy" !! LOL

Nope!!! I know that look, it's the one I get from DW when we're out with a group of people, and I say something that really ticks her off. It's the look that says, "Wait till we're at home, you're gonna get it buddy" !! LOL

Oh yes, I see what you mean. The smile is nice and polite, but the eyes say "You are dead meat on a stick!" LOL

To emphasize the headpiece it would've been better to not frame so tight across the top so it wouldn't be cut off. Exposure looks off in the original, looks like adjustments needed to be made before releasing the shutter.

Will you get feedback from the instructor of the workshop? That was a fast shutter speed for a still subject; bringing that down a little slower and adjusting aperture and ISO accordingly might have given you a better exposure.

I shot this in a tighter frame because the crown is really tall and I thought it was too much, so I liked this better.
My exposer if often off, after all of these years I still manage to get too caught up in shooting and don't pay attention to my exposure enough. I am working on breaking the habit.
I won't get feedback, this of at an art convention, and this was a workshop with Bella Kotak's workshop. She explained her process while shooting, and talked about a bunch of other stuff, it was really great! But it wasn't really a feedback type of thing.
When I went to get my settings from a file I looked at the shutter speed and thought "What were you thinking?" LOL
But, yes, you are totally right. Thanks! <3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back