A cow standing around with the mouth hanging open... +Before/After

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the sweet release of death so I can't photograph him anymore.

I took this shot last month, but after editing a few photos from this shoot I ended up putting the rest of the other edits off so I could get caught up on client work. When I returned to that shoot this morning I found this gem that I never got around to editing before. It's similar to a shot that I posted from this set a while ago, but this particular shot has an emotion to it that feel was missing from the other shot. Shot in natural light.
Canon 5D MKI || Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens set to f/8 || 1/400th sec || ISO 800
_mg_8373_by_danostergren-dcch269.jpg

Before/After editing:
https://orig00.deviantart.net/28d9/f/2018/145/1/1/_mg_8373_by_danostergren-dcch22d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot. He is rather photogenic.

What a cracking shot/portrait Dan, moody in it`s own way but to me it tells a story of complete sadness plus it suits mono.

Very good for black-and-white treatment. I like the way the flowers contain him within the frame.

And here I thought you were talking about my avatar.

Very, very nice!

What a cracking shot/portrait Dan, moody in it`s own way but to me it tells a story of complete sadness plus it suits mono.
Thank you.
Looking at this shot makes me think about this song:

Very good for black-and-white treatment. I like the way the flowers contain him within the frame.
Thanks Derrel. Fortunately I had already made this conversion for another photograph, so it was as simple as dragging the adjustment layers over from the other image and then the usual dodging/burning and spot healing to clean some details up.

And here I thought you were talking about my avatar.

Very, very nice!
Mayhaps I was? :p
(It's actually a line from some funny hate mail I recently received here).

Thank you.

Most reactions

Back