Before I even touch it...

Reaction score
Website
www.ashleynicholson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was not allowed to use a flash during the baptism service, and this is what I have. I used Shutter Priority, ISO 1600, and Shutterspeed 40. I would like advice and how to edit before I start messing with, and I would also like c&c. Should I have set my camera up differently? I do think I should have had my tripod higher (I had to change positions at the last minute b/c they all turned their backs to me!). I would also like recommendations on a good noise reduction program.

Thanks!

Baptism022.jpg

I would first correct the white balance. A crop to eliminate the shoulder on lower left and light switch and conduit on right. Without seeing the full size pic, I can't tell if it really needs N.R. If you adjust contrast and use curves that might make noise more pronounced, as will sharpening. If it's say a 6 MP file or larger and just printing up to 5X7, noise reduction might not be needed.

How's this? I just adjusted the levels, not the curves. It's only grainy in large scale...I'll worry about that if they decide to print it larger. Any other suggestions?
Baptism022Edit.jpg

Ran through Neat Image for noise removal. Cloned out area on left. Levels adjustment layer. Selective color adjustment layer. Curves adjustment layer. I Could have played around with the color to get better, but I did this in 5 minutes.

Click thumbnail. I use Image Venue because photo bucket sucks. When image opens on Image Venue click again to see original size.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back