beginer light question...please help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mr.z28, Feb 12, 2012.

1. mr.z28

mr.z28 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hello all...i need a few quick suggestions on a lighting set up...i have a very basic continuous light set up with three stands and a few umbrellas and im not exactly getting the results i want...does anyone know of a good overall set up that can be set up for continuous lighting as well as flash?...should i go led or tungsen?...anybody know of any good tutorials that i can watch or read?...thanks in advance...

2. analog.universe

analog.universe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Check out Lighting 101 at Strobist.

He focuses on flash, not continuous, but the theory about where to place them, how to modify them, and how to balance their levels is the same for both types.

3. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

How are you not exactly getting the results you want? That is a very big area to try an cover.

Couple of books to consider.

Amazon.com: Light Science and Magic, Fourth Edition: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting (9780240812250): Fil Hunter, Paul Fuqua, Steven Biver: Books

Amazon.com: Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image (Voices That Matter) (9780321786616): Scott Kelby: Books