beginner needs help with camera and advice

I got screwed over on ebay also. It really sucked. I lost more $ than you...I was trying to buy a Mamiya medium format camera and I lost the bidding but someone sent me a completely genuine-looking "2nd chance" Ebay email saying that the original winner declined to buy so he was giving me the option. I got suckered...unfortunately. It really sucks, I know. All you can do is file the proper complaints...your parents can maybe file the forms, if you want to deal with the headache of trying to pursue your money.

Ebay suggested to me to file a complaint with the FBI because this guy was overseas which is what I did but nothing came of it. I never got my money back.

The best you can do is use this as a learning experience and move on. Start saving again and make sure you buy from a reputable source. In the meantime, use what you have, and read all you can and learn. That's what I'm doing now, saving for a Canon 5D (I think) and practicing w/my 300D and reading and researching all I can.

yah i heard only 5% of internet scammers are caught, so there really no hope, and court costs and crap would make it pointless. i got like 10 books on photography, so im trying to learn. At first i thought it was gonna be very hard to learn because theres a lot of different things you can edit with exposure and brightness and stuff, lol but its easy.

thx for tip

a 16 yr old, normally cannot make a "contract" since a 16 yr. old is considered to be a minor (in most state anyhow). Technically Paypal is in the wrong, and you could get your parents to intervene....unless of course, you didn't want them to find out in the first place.

a 16 yr old, normally cannot make a "contract" since a 16 yr. old is considered to be a minor (in most state anyhow). Technically Paypal is in the wrong, and you could get your parents to intervene....unless of course, you didn't want them to find out in the first place.

But t paypal its not a contract problem, its that there "claim service" for scams denied me because, they said i didnt produce enough proof that i was scammed, and that they were not going to intervene so they said if i still wanted to pursue this case i had to do so in court.

Do you still have the listing, the eBay item number. Sometimes, the listing for the camera might still be there. Go look and find out if the item was sold "as-is". If the listing is still there, and doesn't say "as-is", you then have a case with paypal.

Do you still have the listing, the eBay item number. Sometimes, the listing for the camera might still be there. Go look and find out if the item was sold "as-is". If the listing is still there, and doesn't say "as-is", you then have a case with paypal.

nope ebay deleted the number

I have an Olympus E-500 and love it. But the kit lens isn't any good. I would just get the body and save for the good lenses. The E-500 doesn't have "live-view" though, only the 410 and 510.

Try having your parents dispute the problem with your bank. Just skip paypal and go directly to the bank. I bought some violin making supplies off a wesbite, got scammed, and desputed with the bank, all the money was put back in the bank account after a week or so, no fuss no muss. And i just wanted to say, marine, you look like exactly like my friend that goes to creative technologies acadamy in cedar springs. I live in grand rapids michigan, so im kinda close lol.

Try having your parents dispute the problem with your bank. Just skip paypal and go directly to the bank. I bought some violin making supplies off a wesbite, got scammed, and desputed with the bank, all the money was put back in the bank account after a week or so, no fuss no muss. And i just wanted to say, marine, you look like exactly like my friend that goes to creative technologies acadamy in cedar springs. I live in grand rapids michigan, so im kinda close lol.

thx ill try tht nice to talk o someone from the same area lol

Most reactions

Back