beginner photographer c&c

jtedesco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have just started getting into photography and wanted to know what you guys think. i use a fujifilm finepix s1500.
3802422727_89212b94d0.jpg

3802427769_b9d5bd3069.jpg

3776834972_7cd201dd03.jpg

3776864330_d425ef96ea.jpg

3807012910_e72a17cd04.jpg

less sky on the second ..,
and i'm not a biig sepia fan so the last one i would have shot in color or black and white.

Rule of thirds my friend....Rule of thirds. Do that and you will see a huge increase in the quality of your shot composition.

The rule of thirds can be broken and photos can still work.

I think in the second one the sky does actually play a huge part in the shot. I personally don't think there is too much of it. Maybe if you concentrated on it and tweaked it a little to bring out the details in the clouds it would look cool I recon.

#1 would be better if the cables and that sign werent in the shot, they cut the sky up. It would seem more minimalistic and peaceful ^^

All gd stuff tho :thumbup:

I'm a noob btw so i don't know anything remember lol

#1 - interesting leading line in the picture, which is a good compositional tool. However there is too much sky in here for me, to the point where it emphasises the sky and not the road / line. Getting rid of the sky over the highest puffy cloud would work

#2 - I agree with the too much sky comment. Rule of thirds can be broken, I agree. But in this case, the house and trees act as visual frames and the eye makes an imaginary line connecting the top of the two trees to close the frame. So my eye gets stuck OUT of this frame due to the amount of sky. Cropping it down would keep my eye in the visual frame of the image.
Or maybe thats just me.

#3 - Very colourful, but not too interesting. Composition is nice, with the diagonal lines, but I feel you are a bit far out of the photo. As there is alot of imagery in the back of the photo, my eyes gets bombarded and doesn't know where to focus

#4 - This is a nice photo. Would of been better with a nicer sky, but you get what you get when you are there, right? Nice choice of horizon line (alot of people place it in the middle), nice rays of sun. I'd love to see a foreground image to add more depth into the photo, such as a rock or boat.

#5 - Meh. Me no likey. I know you are going for a "dog gazing out in the field" look, but a few things dont work for me here. The dog is too tight in the corner of the frame and is even partially cut off (his ear). I feel you are too up right...when shooting animals (and kids), ,make it more interesting by getting down to their level

Keep on shooting though! You are definatly on the right track. Way better than the first images I ever posted up here.

1. I like the colors and the sky but the angle is just wrong.
Rule of thirds would have helped here.

2. Not bad, but nothing of much interest to me. Perhaps a little underexposed.
Rule of thirds could have helped here as well (bring the horizon up just a little).

3. Always a fun shot and a nice way to learn about depth of field.

4. I think I would have liked this one better if it were shot in landscape vs portrait, but it's still a nice shot.

5. I think it's a great shot but would try a B&W conversion instead. Also watch out for cutting off body parts, in this one the top of his ear missing kind of bugs me.

Keep it up and have fun!

i re-edited the photo of my dog, tell me what you think.

3808722510_99b3064486.jpg

Most reactions

Back