beginner pics - c&c welcome, or just if you like the pics or not :)

Mtalicarox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just some fun pics from the farm the past weekend

015hueandsat.jpg

055.jpg

055.jpg

119hueandsat.jpg

142saturated.jpg

150saturated.jpg

159bwcropped.jpg

172.jpg

176.jpg

192.jpg

215.jpg

Work on composition a little bit. Keep shooting and have fun!

I'm bored today and have lots of time so I'll try to go through them all.

1. The background [brick] is distracting. even though the ground istself appears to be level, the angle of the building corner throws the shot off enough that it looks tilted. A bit of fill flash would have helped on the chicken and --- you cut its feet off.

2 & 3 - appear to be the same and neither seems very interesting. I'm assuming the main subject was the dark cloud?

4. could have been a nice landscape, but it appears to be underexposed, a bit out of focus and your horizon line is tilted.

5. Not too bad, but the sky is blown out. You could use a polarizer to darken the sky in future shots of this type. I do like the contrasting color of the field and surrounding green though.

6. is very out of focus and I'm not going to criticize further because, I have yet to get a shot like this to turn out well for me either. ;)

7.The composition is not very appealing. That square thing behind the one chair is distracting and i think it would have been better shot from a slightly lower angle. Not sure its a great candidate for a B&W shot either....to much white. Perhaps had the table and chair been solid it might have worked better, or even just a patterened table cloth on the table.

8.A cute snapshot, but whatever is in the left of the shot needs to be cropped off and the cat is a bit obscured by the hammock, rather than being "framed" by the hammock and its frame. Again its out of focus -also watch your DOF.

9. Best of the lot - even though the focus seems a bit soft, its acceptable in this case. Your color could pop a bit more, it seems a bit flat right now. I would not increase the saturation however....maybe a tad more contrast.

10. A bit out of focus, and the blue whatever is a huge distraction.

11. Interesting, but the composition is off. I'd have included a bit more foreground rather than chopping the fire off at the bottom and I think a shorter[faster] shutter speed might have helped to kind of freeze the flames. Just my opnion as I've never photographed fire before.

I'm bored today and have lots of time so I'll try to go through them all.

1. The background [brick] is distracting. even though the ground istself appears to be level, the angle of the building corner throws the shot off enough that it looks tilted. A bit of fill flash would have helped on the chicken and --- you cut its feet off.

2 & 3 - appear to be the same and neither seems very interesting. I'm assuming the main subject was the dark cloud?

4. could have been a nice landscape, but it appears to be underexposed, a bit out of focus and your horizon line is tilted.

5. Not too bad, but the sky is blown out. You could use a polarizer to darken the sky in future shots of this type. I do like the contrasting color of the field and surrounding green though.

6. is very out of focus and I'm not going to criticize further because, I have yet to get a shot like this to turn out well for me either. ;)

7.The composition is not very appealing. That square thing behind the one chair is distracting and i think it would have been better shot from a slightly lower angle. Not sure its a great candidate for a B&W shot either....to much white. Perhaps had the table and chair been solid it might have worked better, or even just a patterened table cloth on the table.

8.A cute snapshot, but whatever is in the left of the shot needs to be cropped off and the cat is a bit obscured by the hammock, rather than being "framed" by the hammock and its frame. Again its out of focus -also watch your DOF.

9. Best of the lot - even though the focus seems a bit soft, its acceptable in this case. Your color could pop a bit more, it seems a bit flat right now. I would not increase the saturation however....maybe a tad more contrast.

10. A bit out of focus, and the blue whatever is a huge distraction.

11. Interesting, but the composition is off. I'd have included a bit more foreground rather than chopping the fire off at the bottom and I think a shorter[faster] shutter speed might have helped to kind of freeze the flames. Just my opnion as I've never photographed fire before.

thanks for the input. I do appreciate the time you put into your comments.
a short response to address some of what you said, please don't take them as negative or like a "fight back" i'm just trying to address some of the things your brought up- not trying to argue -
1) I dont see how hte brick is distrcting.. but thats just me
2) just a quick shot of the sky coming out behind some clouds
4) the earth is tilted.. i have 2 levels on my tripod - both were centered correctly. the out of focus on the close thing was on purpose, giving it blurred towards the front with the grass, and bring focused on the water/far edge. but the earth is not flat - i thought it looked cool with the sloping as it was because it kind of led to a point in the distance we can't see.. *shrug*
5) yeah - i played with the saturation for the fields - i should have only saturated the bottom only, not the top - i will do this tomorrow thank you for the input :)
6) everything except for the center of the picture is supposed to be out of focus - these were a lot of DOF shots - and that one was actually taken with a macro lens, to achieve that look.. if you look towards the center you will see the top of the stalk in focus on a few of the pieces of wheat.. once again - to each their own.. thanks fo rhte input and i'll try that shot next time i'm up there with more things in focus, i kind of liked the eveyrthing blurry except a few stalks thing
7) the square thing is a grill.. i cropped it because had too much going on around nothing.. can't say much about the rest.. but i like it - so have a bunch of people on my flickr. everyones got their own style/opinion i guess :)
8)thing on the left is a tree - once again - framed with the cat in focus on purpose. probably should have stated that up top so you could avoid all your focus issues I'll make sure to mention that next time.. :) i cant really pose a cat in action, so had to take it form where i was/where he was not much i could do about it as it was about to pounce something
9) will do - this photo was untouched actually - i'll play with the contrast later. thanks :)
10) couldnt really take it from a different angle since the cat woke up wiht like any motion haha-blue thing is my friends jeans.
11) yeah the focus is supposed to be more on the board.. i kind of liked how the shutter speed allowed for the flame to look like that.. to each their own i guess.

thanks again for the input - i will take some of it into consideration next time i'm out shooting

i like the #4 answer. the earth is tilted!. need to add that one to my list. awesome :)

i do like the last one though. no idea why but to me it just looks cool

the chicken one... well had KFC earlier and after seeing that i felt a little guilty... 2.3 seconds later i was over it and start typing this :)

cheers

bitter.. got any more popcorn dude.. have a feeling this is gonna be a long one !

... if you guys are laughing now - you should have read my responses before i edited the sarcasm out of them...:cheers:

i like the #4 answer. the earth is tilted!. need to add that one to my list. awesome :)

i do like the last one though. no idea why but to me it just looks cool

the chicken one... well had KFC earlier and after seeing that i felt a little guilty... 2.3 seconds later i was over it and start typing this :)

cheers

bitter.. got any more popcorn dude.. have a feeling this is gonna be a long one !

it was up on my families farm.. but the one rule of chickens is - every chicken eventually becomes dinner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back