Beginner - Saying hi and requesting C&C

Was this shot black and white or did you edit it after it was taken in full color. which brings me to my next question. is there a reason not to shoot everything in color when you can edit it to black and white later?

Was this shot black and white or did you edit it after it was taken in full color. which brings me to my next question. is there a reason not to shoot everything in color when you can edit it to black and white later?

It was shot in color. As for your second question, I'm not sure about the technical differences. I'm sure someone else can fill us in.

You have more control of everything when you shoot color and convert to B&W in development (I like "digital development" over "post processing")

I like it a lot :]
Personally I prefer to shoot in color, then if I must, change it to B&W afterwards.
That way, I'll still have the original in color

~Classic Cool

In one of my mags it says that the Nikon D40 has a "low ISO" setting that is equal to 100 and a "high ISO" setting equal to 1600. Is it wrong? :er:

i disagree with above...i dont think the bridge is in the way i think its the picture....i dunno i really like it...but then again its always a matter of opinion....

I like it a lot, great b&w, but the only thing bugging me is that it seems on the slightest of tilts.

I like it a lot, great b&w, but the only thing bugging me is that it seems on the slightest of tilts.

Thanks. I noticed the tilt too as soon as I posted it. Thank god for editing software.

In one of my mags it says that the Nikon D40 has a "low ISO" setting that is equal to 100 and a "high ISO" setting equal to 1600. Is it wrong? :er:

Kendo, on the D40 the "High ISO" setting is ISO 3200; the camera will only auto select between 200 & 1600 (or whatever you tell it to) but you have to manually select Hi for ISO 3200.

Hope that makes sense.

LJ

[Edit] welcome to TPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back