beginners photos

Don't tell me to be harsh! I'm brutal!

Okay I'll only do it for number one.. mostly because I don't feel like looking at the rest..

1- Dog needs to be brighter. Paws are cut off. Blanket is destracting. how parts of the couch showing and then the rest is wall is annoying.

other than that its okay. cute dog. try with a lighter background for him sense hes so dark.

Well you made a start so that's good. You took lots of photos beginning with what you know so that's also good. I really like your dog, she looks like a real pal.

You made it hard for people here to comment so I suggest you take the time to post on to this site and remember to number them for us.

Molly 4 is your best shot but you should learn about "levels" in photoshop which will help to get rid of the misty look from the lack of contrast. Working with photos afterwards in Photoshop to varying degrees is nearly always accepted as part of the work flow. Molly1 could be the same story but the garden lamp is just sneaking in at the bottom so you gotta have a good look through the view finder before shooting.

The indoor shots of Henry aren't great. The whole scene is amateur, in one shot there's even a sock on the floor. So if you want to take nice shots everything in the poster must look good. I'm not saying it's easy but that should be your goal.

Love the dogs !

well, many of them seem underexposed.

photographing very dark animals is not always easy though.

I think it's great that you're getting into photography, but frankly I think you need to change your subject. I think it's a common choice for amateurs to attempt to shoot "studio photography" or portrait photography, or basically any tpes of photography that involves taking shots of an object or living thing in a non-candid manner. These kinds of photos are incredibly difficult. Portraiture is almost a genre of art unto itself. Instead, try taking your camera outside. Go to sporting events, fairs, carnivals, protests....anything interesting and new and different happening in the outside world. I like to think of it like this: If 50 years from now some archaeologist digs up some of your photos, do you think he'd be more interested in seeing pictures of a dog on a couch, or seeing pictures of people living life 50 years ago?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back