mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been having a lot of trouble posting photos. When I upload a photo it displays much darker and muddier than the way it edits. This happens on a FujiX forum too. I've had problems whether editing on apple's Photo, Gimp, or Silver Effect Pro 2.

They post fine on Flickr, but when I view Flickr on my phone many but not all photos show up dark and un-viewable. To have them to be viewable here I have to make a different mediocre version.

I edit on an 21.5" Apple iMac w/ 4k retina display.

Any one else experience this? And how do I correct it?

What file format are you saving them as. It might be you're using a format that isn't fully supported in all browsers.

Typically for online you use jpeg (not jpeg 2000 or any one of the number of other variations)

Also can you post a photo or two to this thread, perhaps both "versions" so we can get a look at them.

I use jpegs. It doesn't always happen either. I wonder if it could be the internet upload speeds?

What color profile are you tagging your exported photos with? sRGB is what most Windows machines will use display your file with m

What color profile are you tagging your exported photos with? sRGB is what most Windows machines will use display your file with m
I'll check and make sure.
It's sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Most reactions

Back