Beginner's Question

KaoriSaru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, im new to the forums and also my camera (which is Canon EOS 500) You guys may think this is a very dumb question but I wanna ask.. isit possible for my camera to put pictures in my computer? I use filem. I doubt I could but isit possible? Or do I have to wash the filem for the pictures. But I want to put the pictures in my computer. Oh yah, and can I also check out the pictures that I took? Because when I took the picture I dont know what to do. Im SOOO blur. This is my first time having a camera like that. So I dont know anything about it. I hope you guys can help. Ugh, please help.

you will need to scan the film and then you can use them in a computer. you can't see anything until the negatives are developed.

you will need to scan the film and then you can use them in a computer. you can't see anything until the negatives are developed.

Thanks. One more weird question.. do I need a scanner? I think I do. Anyway, just asking in case.

You can buy a film to computer scanner. Or you can get it done at a photo lab for cheap. Not sure which gives the better quality.

You can buy a film to computer scanner. Or you can get it done at a photo lab for cheap. Not sure which gives the better quality.

Erm, sorry my blurness again but what do you mean I can buy a film to the computer scanner. I dont understand. Sorry.

Lol, I think nevermind. I know already what to do. Thanks everyone! Haha. Sorry for my blurness.

If you go to your local electronics store you can buy a scanner - the sales clerk can help you on what type you will need based on your computer system.

You can get your film developed at a local lab, or department store and then scan the prints or negatives to the computer yourself. OR when you get the film developed you can tell the lab that you want your photos put onto a CD - then you do not need the scanner. BUT, the quality of your images may not be as good if the lab puts them onto a CD.

Lol, I think nevermind. I know already what to do. Thanks everyone! Haha. Sorry for my blurness.

Okay, even though you said you figured it out, I'll tell you.

Whenever you go to get your photos developed, ask for a CD with it. They take care of everything for you, then you take the CD and put it on your computer. Then you also have a backup if anything might happen to your hard drive! :)

Later on when you are taking more photos, you might want to try something that gets you a better picture. But for now do this, and I promise you'll be happy with how easy it is.

Most reactions

Back