Benin/Africa awesomeness

Mr.Me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Some Picture of my last experience abroad ! I Spent 5 months in Benin/africa with Canada World Youth. Such A great experience!

Here are some of the picture I took. If You could critique them please do so. Be mean if you have to be ;)

pimentgirl2.jpg

n585345472_1264810_1195.jpg

DSC_5018.jpg

DSC_5014.jpg

DON.jpg

DSC_5005.jpg

MarketLadies.jpg

I think they are all good. I particularly like the two of the woman with the purple head garment. They are both great and spark plenty of interest by themselves. The colors and composition are very nice.

Thank you very much. That lady was so nice too! I'm happy I caught good picture of her. But, if you woul have to chnage anything about them or one of them, what would it be? See, I just started in photography really, and I don't have much feedback. Your help or anybody's help would be very apreciated ;)

This is a really nice set of pics!! My absolute faves are the 3rd and 6th, followed by the first.

I like the third shot because of the simplicity of the composition, those great colours, and her smiling face, so full of character. In the sixth shot, I love the unwavering look of the young girl as she gazes directly at the camera, the sidelighting of her face, and the composition with the other two children behind her, and the glimpses of the building. And in the first, I love the direct gaze of the young girl, and the fact she's doing the typical chore of transporting items on a basket on her head. My only quibble with that one, and it's just my personal taste, is that the items on her head are out of focus.

Thank you very much. That lady was so nice too! I'm happy I caught good picture of her. But, if you woul have to chnage anything about them or one of them, what would it be? See, I just started in photography really, and I don't have much feedback. Your help or anybody's help would be very apreciated ;)

I honestly don't have much critique to give about them. You've caught some great candid portraits. I guess on the technical side, the 4th one (the 2nd of the couple of the lady I mentioned) is a bit weak. She seems blurry and her sack and pan are blown out. The weakest of your shots in my opinion is without a doubt the last one. It kind of lacks that "pop" to make it stand out.

Overall a great series! I would love to see some black and whites, but I am kind of a sucker for B&W street / candid pictures. :)

Good shootin, Mr Me. My favorites are 1, 3, 5, and 6. I'm not a critic but I know what I like. ron

Thank you so much for your replies! it's very appreciated.

Silver.Winged.Demon -- I tottaly agree with you. The colors in africa are so vibrant. It's so easy to get great pictures over there!

plentygood -- I agree with what you have said. Thanks for making me realise that ;)

lifeafter2am -- I got a few here :) I really B/w pictures, but with the colors that africa has to offer, it's hard to do! I like this one in B/w but I think the colored version is great aswell.
FrereetsoeurBW.jpg

fdg.jpg

I also got these ones in B/W

DSC_0365.jpg

CopyofDSC_0gj759.jpg

CopyofDSC_0756bw.png

Very nice!!!

B&W just gives them a totally different feeling!

Most reactions

Back