What's new

Photo editing without internet connection

vetra

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm a new member here. Can anyone recommend a decent editing software that can be downloaded onto a computer and doesn't require an internet connection? I currently use Photo Director and Corel Paint Shop Pro, but they both require an internet connection to use. In a couple of months I'll be going on a safari in Africa where I suspect internet will likely be spotty and probably non-existent. It would be nice to be able to spend some down time during the safari to do some at least rudimentary editing to some of the photos I hope to take. Last year I was in Alaska and had a long 8 hour ferry ride that I would have loved to have used some of the time editing photos but couldn't because I didn't have any internet. Frustrating. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
 
I use Corel Paint Shop Pro, but I have version 11, which does not need an internet connection. For any of the commercial programs you would need an older version which you own, rather than a newer one which you rent.
 
I'm a newbie and use Rawtherapee for most things. I use Gimp for healing and cloning. Both are free and don't require the internet.
 
Hi,

I'm a new member here. Can anyone recommend a decent editing software that can be downloaded onto a computer and doesn't require an internet connection? I currently use Photo Director and Corel Paint Shop Pro, but they both require an internet connection to use. In a couple of months I'll be going on a safari in Africa where I suspect internet will likely be spotty and probably non-existent. It would be nice to be able to spend some down time during the safari to do some at least rudimentary editing to some of the photos I hope to take. Last year I was in Alaska and had a long 8 hour ferry ride that I would have loved to have used some of the time editing photos but couldn't because I didn't have any internet. Frustrating. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Corel's website says that PaintShop Pro needs an internet connection for online help and tutorials, but it's editing features (with the possible exception of some plugins) do not. Even Photoshop works offline; are you sure that PSP does not? Most modern editors have to call home now and then to verify your license, but you should be able to go months before that is necessary, if at all.
 
Last edited:
I've been using NX Studio from Nikon for quite a while now.

Its a free download and works standalone, no subscription or internet connection needed
 
G'day Vetra

If you're looking for an easy to use + downloadable to your PC ... try "FastStone MaxView"
Very easy to use, some powerful tools - but no cloning capabilities - and the results are excellent
Hope this helps, Phil
 
I've been working with Photoworks for years by now, it's simple and has all the necessary tools (well, at least the ones I need)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom