Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Attachments

• $IMG_9463_tonemapped-2liten.jpg
    $IMG_9463_tonemapped-2liten.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 76
Wow beautiful, was that done with HDR ?

In another thread you complained that someone saying your HDR was "over-done" was not constructive criticism. Here's why I think this picture is "over-done" - there's no subtlety. Both the boat and the buildings on the waterfront are "leaping" out of the picture and practically assaulting the viewer's eyes. This far away, I would expect them to blend more with their surroundings - not look like they were painted onto the image. Also, the buildings at the far end of the town stand out just about as sharply as those on the waterfront. I would expect things to become 'softer' (for lack of a better word) as they recede into the distance. Finally, the HDR has over-emphasized the clouds so that it looks like the storm of the century is approaching - when in reality this looks like a fairly nice day.

Most HDR images I've seen here remind me of those old hand-painted pictures from when the only film available was black-and-white and the only way to get color was with a paint brush.

In another thread you complained that someone saying your HDR was "over-done" was not constructive criticism. Here's why I think this picture is "over-done" - there's no subtlety. Both the boat and the buildings on the waterfront are "leaping" out of the picture and practically assaulting the viewer's eyes. This far away, I would expect them to blend more with their surroundings - not look like they were painted onto the image. Also, the buildings at the far end of the town stand out just about as sharply as those on the waterfront. I would expect things to become 'softer' (for lack of a better word) as they recede into the distance. Finally, the HDR has over-emphasized the clouds so that it looks like the storm of the century is approaching - when in reality this looks like a fairly nice day.

Most HDR images I've seen here remind me of those old hand-painted pictures from when the only film available was black-and-white and the only way to get color was with a paint brush.

Thanks for your time, but check my response to the other tread you are reffering to. My answer goes here as well.

Most reactions

Back