Berkshire Brewing Company | Coffehouse Porter | Product Shot

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent the evening building some strip-boxes for light modifying, and finally had all the proper gear for the product shot I've had in mind. What to choose as a subject? Why, my favorite brew! Berkshire Brewing Company's Coffeehouse Porter is phenomenal! I'm pleased with it, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Nikon D800
Tamron 70-200 2.8VC
2xSB600
SB700
Antique Strobe
Pocketwizards

Berkshire Brewing | Coffehouse Porter by f_one_eight, on Flickr

What are your thoughts?

Cheers!
Jake

I like it mate, I think you've lit the bottle really well. The black background seems a bit abrupt though and it make it look a bit weird to me with the textured foreground.

I like it mate, I think you've lit the bottle really well. The black background seems a bit abrupt though and it make it look a bit weird to me with the textured foreground.

That's one of my issues. In my head I wanted to comp in a bokeh-background of a city... So alls I need is to go take one. The black black background, to me, doesn't work quite right here. I'll keep at it.

Jake

two things bothering me:

the foreground shadow and the blue look to the highlights on either side of the bottle.

Very nice.

My ONLY gripe is the rim lighting is too harsh on that blank dark background. A city scape or other relevant background may go nicely here.

But I'm not an expert in product or any photography.

Very nice lighting job -- a little more light through the bottle (can do that in processing). The crushed ice doesn't read well. Is it ice or rocks. It's because that's not a common crushed ice experience. We don't normally see it in that context on the table top. So better without it.

And mind your manners; don't offer someone a cold beer with the cap still on the bottle.

Joe

I like the shot. However I do ahve 2 gripes. The background, and it feels like the table isn't level for some reason. You might want to drag a ruler down in Photoshop to check it out. Otherwise I like the lighting a lot how the edges of the bottle are nice and bright!

I like the shot. However I do ahve 2 gripes. The background, and it feels like the table isn't level for some reason. You might want to drag a ruler down in Photoshop to check it out. Otherwise I like the lighting a lot how the edges of the bottle are nice and bright!
I'll have to check that! I leveled it based off the sides of the bottle [emoji106]

you make that look yummy, I quit drinking well I still have one or two a few times a year but that makes the beverage look quite appealing.

you make that look yummy, I quit drinking well I still have one or two a few times a year but that makes the beverage look quite appealing.

I can't even begin to describe how good it is. Currently my favorite brew. [emoji106]

Jake

I just plain like it. I don't drink beer anymore but you are making it tempting. :)

probably better than i could do (i was hoping to learn this from you guys geez).

um, ice not working, background not working. more light through the bottle instead of around it and no cap but i think all that has already been covered. Almost seems like a rim of light coming from under it too i just cant figure out why?
Looks like good beer, never tried it. Nice effort!

I just plain like it. I don't drink beer anymore but you are making it tempting. :)
No kiddn right. i just went to get one from the fridge (bass ale)

probably better than i could do (i was hoping to learn this from you guys geez).

um, ice not working, background not working. more light through the bottle instead of around it and no cap but i think all that has already been covered. Almost seems like a rim of light coming from under it too i just cant figure out why?
Looks like good beer, never tried it. Nice effort!

Yeah, the ICE really is lame. I had the idea in my head but it didn't pan out like I thought. I'm gonna try and find a nice city-scene to drop in as the BG... so I'll make sure to update when I can. And, I didn't even THINK about the cap... DUH!

Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back