"A Quiet Evening" | Downtown Mystic

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I Spent last night walking around downtown Mystic, and decided to split off from the parents to take some pictures. I found this scene that perfectly summed up the night--Mystic was silent, the night was clear, and there were very few people even around. The ability of this combo still impresses me; I shot this at 1/50th, ISO 1600, 200mm, and f2.8. And I added a touch of grain in post, so don't think all of the noise is actual.

Nikon D800
Tamron 70-200 2.8VC
Natural light

"A Quiet Evening" by f_one_eight, on Flickr

It's not so much an image meant to blow you away, but more to convey peace and serenity from one of my favorite locations. Comments and critiques are always welcome!

Cheers,
Jake

Last edited:
I like pp

The only thing I would do perhaps, is toning down that house on the left

i wouldn't mess with it, it has fascinating depth of field play, and i think that sets it apart from what could have been an otherwise standard looking image. i like it.

I like pp

The only thing I would do perhaps, is toning down that house on the left

I actually brightened it in post, simply so you could see the "Mystic River Bridge" bit on the life preserver. But I can see how it might be a bit distracting... Lemme see if I can't find a compromise. [emoji106]

Last edited:
hey, I like everything you did here, no complaints, just thought of toning down the house, nothing else

I have a photo from almost that exact spot.

I have a photo from almost that exact spot.

Haha it's a nice spot. I've taken a few different styles of photo from here. [emoji106]

i wouldn't mess with it, it has fascinating depth of field play, and i think that sets it apart from what could have been an otherwise standard looking image. i like it.

Thank you! [emoji5]️

Yes it makes sense. It evokes memories and a mood for me. It's like simplistic and powerful at the same time.

to me it conveys a sense of 3d, without the glasses, it makes you feel like you are looking into the photo, rather than at a flat picture

to me it conveys a sense of 3d, without the glasses, it makes you feel like you are looking into the photo, rather than at a flat picture

I think that's the whole long lens/shallow aperture thing working there. I think. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back