Bermuda Bermuda Bermuda!!! (C&C Please)

Polyphony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Thanks for looking. Be harsh. More from Bermuda to come.

Holiday snap shots, sorry
Well, duh. Pictures taken on holiday...
The point of posting them was to ask for critique, not claim that I am a professional photographer. I want to know what I should do to improve. Stating the obvious does not help, "sorry".

Try and look for better angles to shoot from instead of just taking it as you first see it, the first shot of the boat you could have shot looking up the rope to the right, the rope would lead your eyes into the picture

Thats pretty harsh considering the skies are blue and nothing is out of focus.

I did ask for harsh but in my opinion "holiday snapshots" is neither harsh criticism nor praise. It is a statement of fact. I was on holiday and I took snapshots (as far as I'm concerned, professional photographers take snapshots too. I don't acknowledge the negative connotation associated with the word "snapshot". If you are shooting sports for example, all of your shots are snapshots. You shoot on burst and hope to get that perfect moment just before the pass is caught etc.) I would like to know how to improve. His second comment was more what I was looking for (couldn't get to the rope anyway, it was gated off).

What has that got to do with it, this is one of my holiday snap shots in focus and blue sky but it's still a snap shot
206158106_YDBUy-L.jpg

I think there pretty good, and most of the seem to be technically correct. Snapshots, or not they are nice photos.

I really like #4, I did a little edit, hope you don't mind. If you do let me know, and I'll take it down.

img0433edittrying2.jpg

I did ask for harsh but in my opinion "holiday snapshots" is neither harsh criticism nor praise. It is a statement of fact. I was on holiday and I took snapshots (as far as I'm concerned, professional photographers take snapshots too. I don't acknowledge the negative connotation associated with the word "snapshot". If you are shooting sports for example, all of your shots are snapshots. You shoot on burst and hope to get that perfect moment just before the pass is caught etc.) I would like to know how to improve. His second comment was more what I was looking for (couldn't get to the rope anyway, it was gated off).

That means 80% of what i shoot are snap shots :lol: but i dont use burst because you usually get the shot before and after the one you want

What has that got to do with it, this is one of my holiday snap shots in focus and blue sky but it's still a snap shot
206158106_YDBUy-L.jpg

I don't understand what you're looking for. I'm looking for critique for the photos I posted. Whether they are "snapshots" or not should not matter. If I had posted the photo you just did I would still ask for critique, even if I did consider it a "snapshot".

I think that Fatback is correct. I think that most of my photos are generally "technically correct" but I need to know how to make them more appealing.

For example: I know there is nothing "artistic" about the rainbow shot. I saw an awesome rainbow so I took the picture. Granted I was on a ship so there weren't many other angles I could have taken the shot from. But that's my point. What could I have done with the lighthouse shot? How could I have made an empty picnic table (boring) more interesting?

Last edited:
I like the last one the best but I think you need to crop more of the bottom and the left side (but still put the table on the bottom right hand side. I also think it is too saturated. The green is too powerful.

I agree with gary's comment about #2 and using the rope to lead into the picture of the boat. You want some sort of foreground to pull the viewer into the photograph. None of your work has this, so that is one area to work on.

#1, I would have waited a few moments so that the clouds moved slightly and the top of the lighthouse was against the dark blue sky. Would have made for better contrast.

Also, use wide-angle lenses if you got them. Exaggerate height, etc.

How could I have made an empty picnic table (boring) more interesting?
Set it on fire?

I agree with gary's comment about #2 and using the rope to lead into the picture of the boat. You want some sort of foreground to pull the viewer into the photograph. None of your work has this, so that is one area to work on.

I notice that most often in my pictures. I rarely have any foreground, let alone an interesting, leading foreground. That is definitely something I will work on in the future.

I rarely have any foreground, let alone an interesting, leading foreground.
Anything with texture or contrast is interesting. It really is easier than you might think.

#3 works well. It's not a snapshot, as I know what it takes to set up night photos that come out with color that looks brilliant as that one does. I'm too new to offer advice.... so do what I do and just keep shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back