best buy???

iseler1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
nikon D70
fujifilm finepix S2Pro
or olympus E-1
please help me to buy good cam.

Canon 300D (digital rebel) would be my first suggestion but if you're really limited to the three you mentioned then it's got to be the D70.

Do you have any lenses or equipment from any of those companies already? What are you planning on shooting? It's not just a camera, it's a system.

Personally, I'd get the D70 out of those. I don't like the S2 Pros. They don't seem to handle noise very well. I have a Digital Rebel and a 20D and I love both of them. Is there a reason you aren't considering Canon?

The E-1 uses lens of a specific format...3/4 format I think. While the D70 can use a wide range of Nikon glass. The S2 Pro uses Nikon glass as well, doesn't it?

That is something to think about.

The D70 was voted camera of the year for 2004.

ok olympus is out
i will shot portrets and lot of dark atmosfere(rock koncert ect.)
and arhitecture
so fuji or nikon and i dont know im not a big fan of canon
i heve one canon A-1 is not a digital but i will like to try something elss

The Canon 10d and 20d lets you boost the iso up to 3200 but theres visible noise at those levels. Im not sure about the 300d.

I think the nikon just goes up to 1600, same for the fuji.

I think its mostly what you prefer for what camera you go for since they seem to be pretty close to each other in specs and quality.

The best thing you can do is go to a store and try each camera. I don't know why you don't like Canon, especially after using a great camera like the A-1. Canon's digitals are among the top DSLRs available, so they are worth checking out and trying. Take a large CF card with you, and shoot some images that you can take home and look at.

when you say canon you think 20D or some other canon? nikon have better lens i don¨t know but it
seems that lot of people on the net like canon and
nikon there is 50:50%

Who said that Nikon had better lenses? Probably a Nikon user. A Canon user will tell you that Canon has better lenses.

The reality is that you probably won't be able to tell the difference between the two. It's like Ford vs. GM....or Toyota vs Honda...or Coke vs Pepsi. Everybody prefers one over the other but there is little difference between them.

Like Matt said, go to a store without any preconceptions and see which one feels better in your hands.

iseler1 said:
when you say canon you think 20D or some other canon? nikon have better lens i don¨t know but it
seems that lot of people on the net like canon and
nikon there is 50:50%

When I say Canon I mean any Canon DSLR. Nikon makes some lenses that are better than Canon's, sure, and Canon makes some lenses that are better than Nikon's. As Big Mike said, you probably won't tell the difference. Both make great glass.

thank you matt and mike i will go to the store
to try nikon,canon and fuji to see four my self
then i will docide four one.i will let you know
whic one did i take
btw. i'm from croatia,zagreb
CYA!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back