Best/fastest SD and Type I Compact Flash Cards?

wornways

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got my Nikon D300s--an extremely robust camera. Still waiting on lens, so can't do much with it. Just reading the manuals and familiarizing self with some of the settings.

This thing takes two memory cards. I might fill both slots to maximize capacity. What is considered to be the best possible SD and Compact Flash cards to use with this device?

Right, but going from people's personal experience is often the better way to go, which is why I asked here.

But going by peoples personal experience allows the insidious influence of Confirmation Bias. Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You won't find which cards are best, just which cards people are using, and most people are not experts. You'll still have to sift through the technical specifications yourself if you're serious about getting the best.

By the way, what capacity cards do you want?

That is someone's experience, and that is a test comparing many different types. So a good place to start, and then narrow it down. Also, in the manual, it will tell you what card types are recommended and required.

Check page 393 in the manual

But going by peoples personal experience allows the insidious influence of Confirmation Bias. Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You won't find which cards are best, just which cards people are using, and most people are not experts. You'll still have to sift through the technical specifications yourself if you're serious about getting the best.

By the way, what capacity cards do you want?

My point exactly, just presented much better.

This will suffice. I was actually looking for some recommendation within the documentation, but didn't see it. Having this list helps.

This will suffice. I was actually looking for some recommendation within the documentation, but didn't see it. Having this list helps.

You are welcome. Now go to google and search the cards. Find any tests, comparisons, etc. As Keith said, most here are not pro's, and if you want the best, it is easiest to search for different tests and such comparing the cards.

You are welcome. Now go to google and search the cards. Find any tests, comparisons, etc. As Keith said, most here are not pro's, and if you want the best, it is easiest to search for different tests and such comparing the cards.

I'll attempt to do as you've suggested. Thanks for the info.

No point reading it at the moment because I am still waiting for my 50mm 1.4 and my CF card. Both bought on eBay so might have to wait a few days.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back