best friends.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was in a busy park, so we did the best we could with the people around.

Christina and alysia.

my first shoot with two females together..
1)
liandchris007.jpg

2)
liandchris035.jpg

3)
liandchris045.jpg

4)
liandchris078.jpg

I like the third the best; however, I would've chosen to center them, as they're in a symmetrical pose. The asymmetrical crop makes it seem off. #1 has excellent potential but the lighting's not quite right. Two is good posing and good light but the background is distracting to me--especially the band of concrete that goes along the top of the frame crookedly.

All and all it's a good series, though. I'm no professional, though, but I think they've all got great elements to them.

Your two models have lovely colour eyes! Very much so. Too bad you get "red eye" in the last, made me wonder for a while how they can both have steel blue eyes in all other of these photos, yet one has brown eyes in the last ... until I saw it was "red eyes".

Their faces in the first are way too dark - and compositionally I am not too happy about the grey stones in the second not to be totally aligned with the frame - and also I like the third one best, it is a funny pose that makes the viewer smile. (I'm just realising that I seem to be repeating what nealjpage is saying... oops, I am only now reading his post). I do agree that Photo 3 would look good if it were framed in as symmetrical a manner as they are being posed.

Two and three are my favs. The first one is a little on the dark side.

Good job.!;)

Hey nicely done. Good to see some of the more sensible suggestions in the other thread stuck.

With the first one if you're going to blow out the highlights then blow them out well. At the moment there's nothing much of anything in this and despite being about 50% white I'd say it is very underexposed. Next time you take a shot like this get in close so skin fills up the entire frame and look at the shutter speeds and aperture. Switch to Manual and set this +1 stop so either what you metered with one stop open on the aperture, double the iso or half the shutter speed, and the girls should be perfectly exposed.

Thanks for the suggestions every one. I try to use them for every new shoot! I appriciate ya'll taking the time to help!

Most reactions

Back