Best of both worlds!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by micandy2019, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Space Face

Space Face TPF Noob!

Wow, some big budget stuff going on here. Good luck with the venture. I do love those highly detailed astro shots.

2. malling

malling TPF Noob!

It sounds like landscape astrophotography to me and not deep astrophotography.

With the first you can basically use any good light sensitive FF camera with good iso handling, a good manual or manual capable lens on a stable quality carbon fibre tripod, and then just do stacking, this will actually be enough. It’s important the lens has good Coma handling.

A high end prime or zoom would obviously work too if they work manually but are much more expensive and heavy solutions. This can be a challenge if you want to take in into a mountain range.

Some use startracker and guiding systems to take longer exposures without startrails.

I have no deep knowledge about deep astrophotography but it requires a completely different setup. I think you would be better off asking at a astrophotography forum.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020