Best photo editing software????????

light_table.jpg

The best photo editing software is a combination of CS5 and Lightroom 3 :)
Except, that the Camera Raw in CS5 and Lightroom 3 are virtually identical. Both use the same rendering engine: Adobe Camera Raw 6.x.

Lightroom 3's main function is image database management, not image editing. If you need an image database mangement application, by all means give Lightroom 3 a look, however there are several much better image database management applications available than Lightroom.

hmmm

i use lr3 for 95% of my editing now. im trying to steer away from heavy handed pshop stuff.
i find that the develop tab is insanely useful and allows me to remove a step from my process. crop, levels, sat, exp....
its all in there and i love it.

Viveza is an impressive custom editing tool...not many people are aware of it...reznap has it...he could probably vouch for it....it's made by Nik Software.

Photoshop CS5 with plug-ins from Nik Software and others although Paintshop Pro X3 is still good for speed and for some the important lower price.

skieur

hmmm

i use lr3 for 95% of my editing now. im trying to steer away from heavy handed pshop stuff.
And you could do the same 95% of your editing in CS5's ACR 6.x, since that is what you use in Lightroom 3 for editing anyway.

The difference between Photoshop and Lightroom is, Bridge, which comes with Photoshop, is just a browser and works with all the applications in Adobes CS5 Suite. Lightroom's main function is as a image database manager, which is different than a browser (Bridge).

Cannot handle images in a 16-bit tonal depth, doesn't include a browser, or a Raw converter.

There are only a limited number of plug-ins available for GIMP, and IIRC Gimp cannot run actions. Tutorials are limited, as are other books about how to utilize the software.

Gimp is free, but no more capable than some of the older consumer versions of Photoshop, Elements.

The best photo editing software is a combination of CS5 and Lightroom 3 :)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Throw in Noiseware Pro and Genuine Fractals 6 with Noel Carboni's sharpening action.

I'm still trying to figure out this question. I use Photoshop. If I had as much money as I would want, I would buy Photoshop. I already bought photoshop.

Most reactions

Back