Best photos with camera settings

flashlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could everyone post some of their best photos with the detailed camera settings so I can learn by example. (or point me to a thread where this has been done already?)

I'm learn better visually with setting examples

Thank you so much :thumbup:

^ And now point me into the direction of the ad-on please, sir. :)

Sweet! Thank you :thumbup:

I have to wait till I get home though because they block Flickr on my job :x
Unfortunately, unless you're viewing the "Original" size from Flickr (which usually isn't the size linked here), or viewing directly on Flickr (where the 'More Properties' link is available), the EXIF isn't available. I know photobucket keeps it intact, but sometimes it's just hit or miss depending on where it's hosted. So even with an exif viewer, you may not be able to see it for every picture, but it's still great to have for the ones you can view. Worst case, if you're curious about a particular photo, ask the person who posted it, and most will be willing to provide it.

flashlady

I've only really been into photography for about a year now. I have taken pictures for years...but now I'm serious! :lol:

My first impulse was to try to memorize what settings were used under certain conditions. I found it was really hard to memorize and keep things straight.

It's a good tool to see how people are capturing their images, especially ones you find interesting or in difficult lighting situations. In my opinion a more valuable tool is to learn how all the settings interact with each other. I think that's when things really start to open up in photography.

Learning how your aperture, shutter, and ISO all play together will become the most valuable piece of equipment in your bag.

If you are a visual learner...Put your camera in manual and shoot away. Adjust the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO to see what happens. You will have instant feedback...If you're shooting digital of course. ;)

Have fun and good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back