What's new

Best software for a beginner?

Not sure what was used. You do bring up a concern I share as well. I am trialing Nikon Capture. It is a powerful tool, but I have seen more information and support for Photoshop software. I have a few days remaining in the trial before I decide where I want to go.

jorge
 
Last edited:
Haylotx85: Any program that allows you to create layers and masks will allow you to do that sort of thing.
 
I'd try using gimp. It's free and does pretty much everything photoshop does.
 
I'd try using gimp. It's free and does pretty much everything photoshop does.

I have it on my Windows 7 PC, but only used it to apply site name on some photos. I will look into to it further...:thumbup:
 
I'm impartial to Photoshop. Once I used it and saw what I could do with it when I had it, I was addicted. I got the disks from another person who had multiple sclerosis (as I do) and lost their vision, so once I installed it all had to do was download some updates. It made me neglect so much more I was doing online, lol. My support group, games, instant messages (was ignoring those anyway). I'd just come on to get stock photos to practice with and upload photos I had taken, find brushes and backgrounds, plugins and stand alone photo software that I did not know existed. O.k. now I need a support group for Photoshop now!
 
If you want to stay free, i'd say go with Gimp. It can be a lot of fun too.

If you don't mind spending around a hundred bucks, I'd go with either Photoshop elements, or PaintShop Pro. Elements has a few annoying limitations in order to separate itself from the full suite, but there are a few work arounds. PaintShop pro is more well rounded than elements, but costs about $30 more (at least around here). Either one would be a good choice though and they both have trials that you can download and see which one is more comfortable for you.
 
I'm recommending Gimp, too. Besides being free and powerful, there's plenty of tutorials through Gimp's site and lots of instructional videos on YouTube.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom