best stock photo site

You have to have good photos and a lot of them. You have to have something that sets you apart. If you expect to make more than maybe 3.00 dollars a year you have to really do a lot and get your photos known.
TJ

You have to have good photos and a lot of them. You have to have something that sets you apart. If you expect to make more than maybe 3.00 dollars a year you have to really do a lot and get your photos known.
TJ

well my photos are already apart :p lol and I have over 10000 already but my question was what are good sites

I would say if you want to make money and your photos are good enough, put a portfolio together and go around your town and try and find somewhere who would display your photos for sale. I have mine a few places, they wont fly off the shelf, but I have sold a few, a matted framed photo will make you more money than just the digital image.

I would be interested in seeing your top 3-4 pictures if you wouldnt mind posting them up.

I would say if you want to make money and your photos are good enough, put a portfolio together and go around your town and try and find somewhere who would display your photos for sale. I have mine a few places, they wont fly off the shelf, but I have sold a few, a matted framed photo will make you more money than just the digital image.

I would be interested in seeing your top 3-4 pictures if you wouldnt mind posting them up.
sure tulsa but I cant right now because its lunch time and i am studying for a test, but during the weekend :)

istock is a good one, but like all of them, they are VERY picky.

and you need to shoot what you think people will need, not what you think looks cool.

im sure you have a ton of images. can you picture any of them on a business document, or and ad, or a billboard, or a web site...?

A new site to add to the list: www.focalpop.com

It works differently than regular stock/microstock sites in that photo seekers describe the shot they want and photographers browse those requests, see how much they're paying/what they want, and submit photos they have that fit the bill.

Good luck, er111a!

let see some of your top ones out of the 1000.

I do not have a site to recommend, but thought that I would add this. Keep in mind that not all stock photography is aimed at advertising ( billboards, magazine ads etc. ). There is a market for editorial photography ( encyclopedias, trade papers, magazines, websites. ). Model releases are a must have for advertising, and usually not needed for editorial stock. I am looking to try to get into the stock photo market soon but need to get enough photos together. My advice would be to find something that you can specialize in. For instance, if you have a dayjob that allows you access to things that the average photographer isn't around ( law enforcement, doctor, nurse, construction, manufacturing, mining etc. ) then use that to your advantage. The more you specialize, the more chance you have of becoming that "go to" guy for a stock agency when they need specific types of photos. Especially if you have knowledge in that field and can add very detailed captions. A common misconception is that the more varied and large your stockfile is, the more you will sell.

I am really wanting to see some of these images you are considering to sell as stock images, are you going to post them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back