Best strap for travel?

justjonny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hand strap or the regular neck strap, which would be better for walking around with a bag? I'm not quite sure what to buy.

Can anyone recommend one over the other and maybe some good cheap straps. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I really like the peak design straps. Not cheap but totally worth it. They are light, strong, and can be quickly adjusted for use as a shoulder or neck. Comfortable. I like the anchor link system as well for times when I want to grab the 100-400 which has its own strap, I can quickly disconnect the peak strap. Doubt I'll be going back to another strap.

I was just on a 6 day trip and just used the Nikon strap that came with my Nikon DSLR camera.
Worked great.

I have 3 Nikon DSLRs and all 3 have Nikon shoulder straps.

I have that same OpTech strap on my go-to travel camera. That it does not say Nikon is why is goes to many unsafe environments (where I would rather be able to hit the quick release to let the camera go and not be taken with it).

I also have an unpadded shoulder/cross body bag to keep the camera out of site and sometimes in those cases I just take the padded part of the strap off and clip together the two short sections and with one twist it works well as a hand strap and shortens the time to put the camera back in the bag.

I have a lot of straps, but my favorite is from Kentique Design. kentique-landing Comfortable, Clay, camera hangs perfectly. Great strap.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I use BlackRapids straps. They are cross body, and keep your camera at the ready. They are secure in my experience, and not too outrageous in price. I have a Metro for my Fuji, and a Sport I believe it's called for my 70D. Hiked in Hawaii with the Canon, and to many events. I go everywhere with the fuji on the metro model. Camera stays down on my hip out of the way, but I can quickly get it to my eye for a shot.

Last edited:
I use BlackRapids straps. They are cross body, and keep your camera at the ready. They are secure in my experience, and not too outrageous in price. I have a Metro for my Fuji, and a Sport I believe it's called for my 70D. Hiked in Hawaii with the Cannon, and to many events. I go everywhere with the fuji on the metro model. Camera stays down on my hip out of the way, but I can quickly get it to my eye for a shot.
Wow, that must have been really tough to do.

This is a Canon.

This is a Cannon.

As we used to sing in photography boot camp:

"This is my camera,
This is my gun,
One if for fighting,
One if for fun."

:allteeth: :biggrin-93: :lol: :laughing::biglaugh::biggrin-new:

Oops, sometimes I get carried away with typing that I don't notice the little things. my 70D, lol not my howitzer

Most reactions

Back