Best website for uploading photos?

igorcheb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I uploaded some images to Photobucket but when I view them, they are lower quality and don't look good. I downloaded it as well and the quality got knocked down. Where can I upload photos and have them in the original quality?

Are you using a free account with Photobucket? With a paid account you can set the max upload size to avoid compression.

Try Flickr.
The only thing they do is add a sharpening pass upon upload. (they freely admit this)
Flickr has a limit to your uploads per month, with the free account.

I uploaded some images to Photobucket but when I view them, they are lower quality and don't look good. I downloaded it as well and the quality got knocked down. Where can I upload photos and have them in the original quality?

Upload at the resolution that you want to display and in sRGB.
If you upload RGB files and look at them on a non-color managed monitor they will look crappy
If you upload a file that is 4000 x 3000 and display at screen size, you are expecting the servers to shrink and resharpen and that's not going to happen optimally.
All of my pictures that aren't on my web site are hosted on Photobucket and I've never been disappointed.

Lew

I use Flickr. You can post up to 300MB of photos and 2 videos per month.

I use Flickr Pro. Its awesome and well worth $25 a year.

Unlimited uploads and no file size limit.

That's odd. I have used a free photobucket account for several years, and have had zero issues.

Sounds like a user issue, not a Photobucket issue.

What file type and color space are you using? Another issue could be the browser you use.

I use Flickr too but I don't like the bloggy look of their site.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back