Best written intro to light-room

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am excited to say that my computer is fixed! (well more like new, as we did not copy anything over to the new HD) We went with a solid state drive and WOW is it fast!

Unfortunately, against my better judgement- I decided since we were starting over that it would be a good time to finally step out of my comfort zone and switch over to light room. Now, I am having terrible flashbacks to the time I invested in photoshop, and I have no clue what I am doing.

We wasted 90% of our internet for the month downloading the OS, cs6 and lightroom so I cant stream any tutorials, and everything on adobe's website is a video. I am hoping to find some good written tutorials that I would be able to read on a mobile device. Does anyone have any good suggestions for me? I know I can just try to google it, but since it takes so long on a cell phone trying to sort through the reviews worth reading and the junk, I am hoping that someone might have a favorite or two to get me started bookmarked!

Thanks-
Jazzie

Oh, and just a warning, it's a little over 12 mb, but it looks like a fairly comprehensive Lightroom 'manual'.

Scott Kelby's - The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers is a good one.

One other suggestion is to take a single photo and import it into LR and play with each slider to get the feel for what they do. LR is non-destructive, so you won't hurt the image.

Have fun with it. That will keep you busy until you get more "time" on your internet stuff.

Congrats on the new SSD.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh, and just a warning, it's a little over 12 mb, but it looks like a fairly comprehensive Lightroom 'manual'.
At serious risk of making her feel bad, it downloaded to my computer in about 5 seconds.

Jazzie - LR drove me crazy for a while until it just finally "clicked"
so you are not alone ....

if you get lost PM me ... I've probably had the same problems.

Downloading now!
At serious risk of making her feel bad, it downloaded to my computer in about 5 seconds.
Sure you are lucky enough to have blazing fast unlimited internet, and I bet ups will even deliver to your house in the winter- but I bet you don't wake up to this view every morning? ;-)

you may quickly regret agreeing to that. ;-)

Attachments

• 2014-10-02_05-09-58.jpg
    2014-10-02_05-09-58.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 148
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You're right I don't get that view. We did live in the country for a few years, and I really miss it.

Downloading now!
Sure you are lucky enough to have blazing fast unlimited internet, and I bet ups will even deliver to your house in the winter- but I bet you don't wake up to this view every morning? ;-)

That is one helluva view. Holy Crapoly. I'd probably jump off of something really high thinking I should be able to soar into that scene.

That is one helluva view. Holy Crapoly. I'd probably jump off of something really high thinking I should be able to soar into that scene.
Yeah, but don't do it really.

Downloading now!

I would or will nominate that for POTM when I get home...if it already isn't. AMAZING

Last edited:
You're right I don't get that view. We did live in the country for a few years, and I really miss it.
I'm not sure I could ever move back to the city. It's such a stressful place to dwell!
Downloading now!

Please don't jump off the deck, I don't want our insurance rates to hike. ;-) not to mention were an hour to the nearest hospital.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back