Do you know the way to San Jose?

Yno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a long time total amateur. I started the hobby in the 70's with a Minolta SRT 101, and have progressed through many different models to my now current Canon R6 Mark II. Six decades and still learning! I like landscape photography for the most part, good shots of my wife, plus photos of our favorite dog. I print my personal favorites (13 x 19, or A3+) on a Canon Pixma Pro-200, I cut my own mats, but I draw the line at making my own frames! I have no more room in my house for new pictures, so I have to rotate things around when I print new ones. Digital display is all well and good, and I have lots of that going on, but prints are the ultimate for me.

I have been a member of POTN, mostly as a lurker, for over 15 years. As some of you may have heard, POTN is closing down next year, and a virtual diaspora of members is taking place. It seems a few are landing here. After looking at a number of fora and reading reviews from other POTNers, this seems like TPF will be a comfortable place for me. And even if, as some people hope, a new POTN is created, it is always good to have alternatives.

POTNer here also.. I find this to be a very nice place to share and view others work/hobby... Coachella Valley, CA

Welcome and enjoy the forum. You will find a lot of us here on TPF started with film in the 70s. In my case, with a Canon AE-1. I still shoot a little bit of film (Tri-X 400 and process it in HC110, then scan it), but a lot more digital.

Welcome to TPF! We're happy you decided to join us.

I hope you check out our Photo Galleries, and share your work with us. That's the best way to get to know everyone, and get feedback on your work. :)

Keep posting and have fun!

Thanks for the welcome! I am going to have to spend a bit of time exploring the forum. After 15 years on POTN, it will take a while to teach this old dog some new tricks.

Quick question - what are the post count levels? How log will I be a TPF Noob?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back