Best zoom lens for Nikon

I'd go for the 18-200 over these two lenses.

In my use its just a pain to have to switch back and forth. A simple trip to the zoo became a pain because I have to keep switching back and forth.
But isn't one of the major reasons we buy into an interchangeable lens system to have the ability to choose the appropriate lens for our particular shooting environment? Then further to that, to have the option of upgrading to better lenses at some point in time to have even better IQ of our images?

For the casual shooter those things may not be as pertinent as they are to me. But then they are stifling one of the most important aspects of a dSLR IMO. I usually will take 3-5 lenses with me if I were to go to the zoo for a day. Changes lenses is a piece of cake. I would suggest another type of camera to those persons, nothing wrong with that, but their money may be better spent with a camera that has a 10x optical zoom.

If I am going alone to take pictures I'll take all of my lenses with me. I have a great time because I am there to shoot.

If I go with my family multiple lenses is an annoyance.

Having the ability ti use multiple lenses is great and lets me get pics that a P&S would not. But their is no reason that you can't have a lens that good for most uses for the times when you just want to enjoy the moment and not fuss with the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back