better?

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't like the colors in this shot so I remade it (good thing I keep all original raw's). I think it's better now

Original
rainier1.jpg

Updated
rainier2.jpg

Update 2
rainier2resized.jpg

Last edited:
The top photo has a much better look to it. The second one has terrible halos around the trees in the middle ground, and that looks very "shopped".

I like the first one more :)... Theres way too much green in the second for me.

The second one would look better if the center line of the photo was a little "cooler" the mountains on the left are too warm, the halos around the trees are very noticeable. Great shot, maybe fiddle with adjustments a little more.

Original looks better to me.

It's great to have a shot or scene that screams out that it could be a killer....

This one is worth working on some... the posterization (banding) in the original needs to be worked out, and the flare toned down...

It's worth taking a few more times at some bracketing exposures, or with a GND to open up the foreground ...

It's worth some more work..........:D

updated again, based on some helpful comments

To all that said the original is better then the rest... +1

original looks better because there is more color variety.

I agree that the 1st one looks best. The halo around the trees and the green on the mountains kill the 2nd and 3ed. If you just worked on the foreground and left the top half alone it would work out better I think. Just my $.02

Most reactions

New Topics

Back