What's new

Beyond NEX5 18-200

TJ Marcisz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently got an NEX5 with the 18-55 lens. Just added the 18-200 lens. Today was really the first time using the system. Came upon a polo game. Big, big field, wonderful action. The 18-200 (300mm) lens was not long enough. Any teleconvertors available out there?
 
Nope.

The closest thing you can do is use the Sony adapter to use A mount lenses, but alot of them don't autofocus.

There's a couple 300mm options for m4/3rds which give you a 600mm equiv. FOV, and if 600mm still isn't close enough, than i'd suggest rethinking your shooting strategy.
 
Hi, out of curiosity; where did you get the 18-200 lens? I cant really find a good place that has one for the nex-5. Also, how much did it run you?
 
I was watching for quite a while for the 18-200 to get to the states. Finally it showed up at B&H Photo online. Got it for $799. No tax or shipping fees. I like it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom