BIF with TriX and a Nikon F3

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TriX 400, Nikon F3, Nikkor 35 F2

Hand BIF.jpg

Did it steal bait from the guy or did he feed it?

OK, the story. The man has been fishing the Clearwater Beach peer for 40 years. He was very helpful and entertaining to all who ventured out on the long peer. He was there catching fish, helping newbie anglers, and feeding various species of bird. He even had names for all of them, this one was smally. Super nice man, we talked about fishing in Michigan, my film camera, and various stories about the peer . The kids loved him. I took other pics but haven't developed them yet. Good times. He really got a kick out of this pic, I sent it to his son since he doesn't have a cell phone. He responded late last night and wants a print of it.

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. I have others, I believe but have yet to develop the other short rolls. Maybe tonight. It was the most fun I had on vacation, lots of good photo opportunities on that pier. I think I took roughly 20 images on that peer. This short roll was shot at 400 with EC bumped +1 so the white bird wouldn't be gray. I shot two other short rolls, pulled at 200.

@Derrel @espresso2x

Very good and well timed shot JC, bet the bloke could tell some stories while being on the pier.

Really good shot! great timing, and I love the sharpness of it

yep, good shot. I don't even mind the underexposed face, etc....it adds a subtle sense of the brightness of the sunshine....sort of makes the concrete rail feel warm. An interesting picture, simple and clear.

yep, good shot. I don't even mind the underexposed face, etc....it adds a subtle sense of the brightness of the sunshine....sort of makes the concrete rail feel warm. An interesting picture, simple and clear.
Thanks Charlie. I didn't have a flash or reflector. Nor was it planned. It just happened and I did the best I could

nicely done - congrats - and kudos to you for sending him a print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back