Big Ball Head - help deciding

subwoofer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dear all, I am in need of a heavy duty ball head with a rating of at least 30kg. I wanted the largest size ball to hopefully get the most solid lockup, and have two contenders:

The ARTCISE MB52, and Rollei T7S Mark II (decided I may as well go TS7 over the TS5) and can't decide between them.

The MB52 has a 52mm ball!!, plus it has two panoramic plates, and comes with two Arca plates. 52mm ball!

The Ts7 is a Rollei, ok, am I just attracted to the brand? But it has a 40kg rating, independently adjustable resistance. The ball size is not specified, but is probably more like 44-45mm.

Which way to go?

I got the Innorell N52, which is the same as the Articise and I really like it. I have had it for over 6 months and just got the carbon fiber tripod of the same brand and I think they are working well together.

It is currently sitting in my living room holding one of my 1Dx camera's with a Sigma 105mm Macro and a flash trigger on it. Been there for a day now with no problems.

Last edited:
I got the Innorell N52, which is the same as the Articise and I really like it. I have had it for over 6 months and just got the carbon fiber tripod of the same brand and I think they are working well together.

It is currently sitting in my living room holding one of my 1Dx camera's with a Sigma 105mm Macro and a flash trigger on it. Been there for a day now with no problems.

Thanks for the input, I've ordered the ARTCISE MB52, it's got a 52mm ball, so, well, I just had to.

Thanks for the input, I've ordered the ARTCISE MB52, it's got a 52mm ball, so, well, I just had to.

Yes, the one I have is the 52mm ball as well. And much cheaper than the Really Right Stuff one that I really would love to have.

Yes, the one I have is the 52mm ball as well. And much cheaper than the Really Right Stuff one that I really would love to have.

Wow the prices of that RRS version!!! Can it be that much better?

Wow the prices of that RRS version!!! Can it be that much better?

I wished I could give you a review on both to tell you for sure. But I would say yes, as they are hand made in California instead of being mass produced. I like the knobs on the RRS big ballhead but I haven't had a chance to use it. I know a few people that have them and they absolutely love them. I watch videos on youtube with a lot of people that have them.

Most reactions

Back