Big Black bug on a bunch of crown flowers

Rebellious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was testing out various settings in the camera & attempting to capture the flowers for comparison to understand the difference each setting makes. This black bug decided to photo bomb :)

DSC_3215.jpg
DSC_3217.jpg
DSC_3219.jpg

Great catch.

Love the colours. Great stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

just beautiful.. wonder what kind of bug that is..

Beautiful little girl.

i find it sad that people want to kill bees. But thats just me.

Nice shots! Love the iridescence in the wings!

i find it sad that people want to kill bees. But thats just me.

Agreed, we had bees build a hive in our shed, it took us a while, but we finally tracked down a bee keeper who was willing to come out and relocate them rather than just have an exterminator come out.

Cool bee, never seen one.

You say photo bomb, I say photo enrich!
Apparently it's called a blue Bee. Here's a little something on it:
Blue Bee - Blue Bee Pest Control

Not sure if the Blue Bee is found here in India. Will have to look it up. Thanks
I didn't know you were from India so maybe it's not one, maybe a cousin to it …. or not. Edit: says in the article the blue bee lives in the U.S. and Canada. No mention of India so that will take some more research. I'm really curious!
Edit: I just found a pic of it and some info on wiki about it. It looks like it's a Carpenter Bee that is found in India.
Carpenter bee - Wikipedia

Last edited:
You say photo bomb, I say photo enrich!
Apparently it's called a blue Bee. Here's a little something on it:
Blue Bee - Blue Bee Pest Control

Not sure if the Blue Bee is found here in India. Will have to look it up. Thanks
I didn't know you were from India so maybe it's not one, maybe a cousin to it …. or not. Edit: says in the article the blue bee lives in the U.S. and Canada. No mention of India so that will take some more research. I'm really curious!
Edit: I just found a pic of it and some info on wiki about it. It looks like it's a Carpenter Bee that is found in India.
Carpenter bee - Wikipedia

It is indeed a carpenter bee. Thanks for the help identifying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back