Big Boy Toys

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The contractor started cleaning and repairing the siding today in preparation for stain/sealer. The Cyprus we used doesn't actually need the sealer to preserve it. I've got an old barn built in the 40's that has never had a coat of paint on it, still rot free. The sealer keeps it from absorbing moisture, swelling and splitting. Should have been done a couple years ago, now some of the boards are needing replacement. On another note, I really, really, really want to drive the lift. DW said I could rent it for another day if I clean the windows.........Any suggestions on window cleaner. :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth:

House 202020201102_3636.jpg

In my early days as an electrical engineer we often used these to access high warehouse and storage shed lighting. Great fun but a very strange feeling when the arm is extended away from the base.

Very well captured colours in this one, quite perfectly exposed.

@Space Face this was is a 45' boom, it didn't go unnoticed that when extended, there was a "lot" of bounce in that bucket. It wouldn't be so bad on level pavement but on the sloping yard I think I'll stay on the ground. However when they get around to the pavement side I may have to go up for an arial shot of the house.

Nice shot and a nice looking place. I've never tried this but since you asked it came to mind. I'm thinking that since "rain-x" brand, window washer fluid works on vehicle windows so well AND it repels the rain for a clear view when it's raining, why not try it on house windows? You could see everything going on outside in a rain storm much better or so I would think.

@K9Kirk Thanks we're at the highest point on the property and a 1/2 mile off the road. We have a few neighbors, but the elevation and tree cover below, give us some unobstructed view. Hadn't thought about rain-x. I've used it on windshields before and it works well. Might have to look into that.

Most reactions

Back