Big Red Full Moon, and other shots - c/c welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got out and shot the moon last night. It was pretty spectacular. My photos just don't do it justice. And my Canon 55-250mm lens isn't long enough or sharp enough. Nonetheless, here it is.

The other photos are from yesterday's outing and a week back.

I'm reticent to discuss the last photo but in fairness I guess it needs an explanation. I shot this down at the St. Lawrence Market a year ago with my point & shoot. I had it blown up and it has resided on my fridge since. Friday night while getting my camera gear ready for Saturday's outing I decided to shoot the photo on the fridge, and this is the results. Feel free to hate it with a vengeance but I sorta think it's cool. Happy Sunday!

3-19_DistDistOuting-471-EDITED.jpg

3-19_DistDistOuting-475-EDITED.jpg

GloomyMarchSat-235-EDITED.jpg

GloomyMarchSat-244-EDITED.jpg

3-19_DistDistOuting-456-EDITED.jpg

3-19_DistDistOuting-172-EDITED.jpg

3-19_DistDistOuting-331-EDITED.jpg

3-19_DistDistOuting-12-EDITED.jpg

Question about #7. What did you do for PP? I love the look of this pic. They are all good, but I don't know much ha ha. Well done.

I like your work. #1 and #6 are the least interesting to me - #1 because of the composition (it's just centered and the foreground doesn't add anything to the shot) and #2 because of the red hat mostly. That red hat just overpowers the image.

I really like #2, #3 and #5... I'd be pleased if I had taken those for sure.

#8 is badass.
Did you do a tilt shift effect after the fact?
I dig it.

I really like #3. My favorite of the bunch. Can't even explain why lol just love it

Thanks everyone.
Reznap: I see your point about both photos and honestly felt the same, particularly of #1.
SrBiscuit: Well, not really tilt-shift, but instead I shot down on the photo, which had the same effect. When I shot it straight on the effect was gone. Once I realized what shooting down on it was doing, I kept playing aorund until I got the right part in good focus.
Derek: I really like #3, as well. My fav' of the group, though, is #5. When I took it I was really pleased.

Thanks again for your comments.

Oh ****! So it was a print that you took a pic of with shallow DOF and then adjusted the distortion? Well played!

Oh ****! So it was a print that you took a pic of with shallow DOF and then adjusted the distortion? Well played!

Yep, but the adjustment wasn't made on the computer. I simply moved my camera position until I got what I wanted. By tilting the camera down I was able to achieve a similar effect.

Most reactions

Back