What's new

BIG SUR, CALIFORNIA

thatgirlaudi

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took a drive along the coast today and brought along my camera....sorry its not of bigsby bridge because it was covered in clouds but we did stop down at nepenthe's and i took a few shots from the cliff of the clouds and the amazing view... nature never surprises me with just how beautiful it truly is. C&C guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

34850011.jpg


34850009.jpg


34850022.jpg
 
yes there were tons!!
 
I like the 1st and 2nd images. #1 is composed nicely though I wouldve probably cropped a little from the top to get rid of some of the sky. #2 is great! I really like the cloud formation in this one along with the subtle colors of the sky in the distance. However, the tree on the left is a bit distracting. I wouldve probably tried to frame only the tree on the right along with the rest of the scene.

best wishes
 
I like the 1st and 2nd images. #1 is composed nicely though I wouldve probably cropped a little from the top to get rid of some of the sky. #2 is great! I really like the cloud formation in this one along with the subtle colors of the sky in the distance. However, the tree on the left is a bit distracting. I wouldve probably tried to frame only the tree on the right along with the rest of the scene.

best wishes

THANK YOU appreciate the help...as for the cropping of the tree I took another shot like you said...for some reason I wasnt a big fan of it though... tell me what you think...
34850016.jpg
 
Big Sur is one of the places I have yet to make it to.

Gorgeous shots!

#1: The sky seems washed out / over exposed while the foreground seems too dark / underexposed.
 
I agree not big fan either hehe.

I meant something like this only I would keep the landscape perspective and clone out the tree on the left. Also I wouldve tried to have included a bit more of that tree there on the right side. I think it would've been really cool to have this lone tree sillhouetted against the back scene.


Landscape1.jpg


That's just the way I envisioned it :)
 
Big Sur is one of the places I have yet to make it to.

Gorgeous shots!

#1: The sky seems washed out / over exposed while the foreground seems too dark / underexposed.

Laguna I def agree! The sky didn't turn out blue enough for me...I took the shot at F5.6, shutter speed of 125 I think it was? Oh and kept my polarizing filter on it...excuse me if this sounds silly but where would I have gone wrong on that?
 
Last edited:
I agree not big fan either hehe.

I meant something like this only I would keep the landscape perspective and clone out the tree on the left. Also I wouldve tried to have included a bit more of that tree there on the right side. I think it would've been really cool to have this lone tree sillhouetted against the back scene.


Landscape1.jpg


That's just the way I envisioned it :)

That crop you made looks killer! I really like that! Makes me excited I took that picture..
 
I went to Big Sur a few months ago, but it was way too cloudy to see anything. You couldn't even see the ocean when you looked straight down the cliffs. I did get a couple pictures that were alright. I will have to post a few later, if you don't mind me adding a few to your thread. I went to Monterey too. Just drove around pebble beach and then hit the road. Did eat at a good restaurant though, The Monterey Cookhouse.
 
Awesome shots by the way...HAHA, forgot to add the most important part.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom