TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
481660817_bZScr-L.jpg

481660786_mqVC7-L.jpg

I like the composition of the second shot, the first shot is too tight on the bike, doesn't give it much personality. Just my opinion. The color looks good though!

the shots a bit boring and i don't think the tone mapping does anything for it other than adding a halo. Photography would really come alive for you if got some lighting.

check out alien bees

Can you tell me what hdr data​

I like the composition of the second shot, the first shot is too tight on the bike, doesn't give it much personality. Just my opinion. The color looks good though!

thanks for the comments....the second shot I was trying to just have a section of the bike and to make the shot more about the person to give a sense of him and what he does.

the shots a bit boring and i don't think the tone mapping does anything for it other than adding a halo. Photography would really come alive for you if got some lighting.

check out alien bees

Boring, well thanks for the insight, what exactly do you find boring? I think the halos are not strong and I did push the tonemapping a little further than I usually do....I prefer natural light and not every one can or wants to cart around a portable studio. I find your comments dismissive and not that constructive to be honest. This is interesting given the comments you got in a thread of yours. Shooting people is something I struggle with and also something I would like to improve.

Can you tell me what hdr data​

Do you mean the programme?

I think the shot shows a lot of character & a really nice bike. Good work Roger.

Nice shots!! (and nice Pan Head!!!)

I like both shots for different reasons.

#1) The focus is on the builder but the bike gives you a bit of context without being the subject.

#2) Nice overall shot of the builder and bike. There seems to be a bit too much brick above him. Maybe crop it down a bit.

The is pretty good. I think it would be way over done if you went any further with it.

I think the shot shows a lot of character & a really nice bike. Good work Roger.

thanks very much abraxas....he's invited me to go back and do some more portrait work in infrared, of him and his sister.

Nice shots!! (and nice Pan Head!!!)

I like both shots for different reasons.

#1) The focus is on the builder but the bike gives you a bit of context without being the subject.

#2) Nice overall shot of the builder and bike. There seems to be a bit too much brick above him. Maybe crop it down a bit.

The is pretty good. I think it would be way over done if you went any further with it.

hey thanks man....I should have cropped #2 for posting here, I left it full frame as I would for a magazine cover. Glad you like the Pan, I shot a customer's Pan on the same day, I'll post some of those up soon...you should see his collection of machinery, in fact here's a link to his site if you'd like to take a look. ROBERTO ROSSI - MANTOVA

I don't think that the first shot is tight enough.
Try it by cropping to just above the front fender, and to his back.

The second shot just has to much wall. I think it would look good as a square photo.

If you shoot him again, move out away from the wall, and blur it out by using a longer focal length and a small aperture.
That is not a good looking wall in my opinion.

I don't think that the first shot is tight enough.
Try it by cropping to just above the front fender, and to his back.

The second shot just has to much wall. I think it would look good as a square photo.

If you shoot him again, move out away from the wall, and blur it out by using a longer focal length and a small aperture.
That is not a good looking wall in my opinion.

thanks for your comments.....why do you think a tighter crop on #1 would look better? Shot #2 is ideal for a potential cover, plenty of dead space for the header and other wordings...as I said above I should have cropped it for posting here....there wasn't enough space to move him away from the wall, a lot of the time on shoots you have to make the best with what you've got. I agree a plain wall would have been better....I think maybe you mean a larger aperture ;).

thanks for your comments.....why do you think a tighter crop on #1 would look better? Shot #2 is ideal for a potential cover, plenty of dead space for the header and other wordings...as I said above I should have cropped it for posting here....there wasn't enough space to move him away from the wall, a lot of the time on shoots you have to make the best with what you've got. I agree a plain wall would have been better....I think maybe you mean a larger aperture ;).

Yeah, I meant larger aperture, smaller aperture number.

I didn't know you were going for a Mag cover with the second shot, then the crop makes sense.

I really like these and that pan is so nice

I really like #1, nice shot of the builder while allowing the bike to give context without over-powering the subject.

#2 needs a tighter crop and more space to the right of the photo for the bike, which is now the subject, to go. In otherwords, this would have been a better shot if it was taken landscape.

thanks for your comments.....why do you think a tighter crop on #1 would look better?

I think the tighter crop would go more with your title of the thread: Bike Builder.
The tank, handlebars and headlight would still be in the shot, but the focus would be more on the man, instead of the bike.

Is he running car tires on that?
The front tire looks kind of square like a car tire.
I've seen car tires on the rear wheel of bikes, but not on the front.

Most reactions

Back