Birch trees-lots of em

RedWylder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found the prettiest area to walk in Fairbanks, AK. I'm not sure how I've missed it thus far but I'm glad I found it. Anyways, I took quite a few photos thinking I got lots of good ones. When I began editing I realized just how many birch trees there were and I'm wondering, is the effect too much? Thoughts on these?

Creamers Field-15 by RedWylder, on Flickr

Creamers Field-11 by RedWylder, on Flickr

Creamers Field-8 by RedWylder, on Flickr

Creamers Field-4 by

Cramers Field-1 by RedWylder, on Flickr

Creamers Field-5 by RedWylder, on Flickr

It's been a whole TWO HOURS and no one has replied-omg people let's get on the ball! Sheesh. (please note use of comic sans)

It's been a whole TWO HOURS and no one has replied-omg people let's get on the ball! Sheesh. (please note use of comic sans)
comic sans or not, imo a crude way to bump.

I find the shots with only the birch trees is a little cluttered. The trees seem to be the subject, but there are so many that my eye is lost. I like the shots with the pathway the most, it gives me a place to go. 3 has some nice lighting, though I would like to see some sort of balance with the path and the surroundings, and at the moment it seems off. If you could get more contrast and definition in the trees in number 1, it would probably be my favorite of the bunch. As it stands, the trees are a little lost in the highlights.

Thanks for the input! I was kind of thinking the same things but wasn't positive. On 3# I do think it would look more balanced if the path ended more in the upper right and maybe with some cropping I could fix the balance. I guess I just like the left side of the photo so I didn't want to crop it off.

Of the bunch, I like 3, 4, and 6.

The others are not composition-ally grabbing to me. I dig 4 and 6 b/c I'm a sucker for reflection shots, they are almost abstract due to the clutter of the trees. 3, on the other hand, has a great calmness to it and not cluttered, but also has the reflection aspect to it.

This one is waaay cluttered-one of the worst but I was thinking the same thing as maybe potential for an abstract image...then again maybe not.

Creamers Field-6 by RedWylder, on Flickr

Flip it upside down or sideways (I just did it on my computer and sort of liked it), uber-abstract ;)

I kind of liked it sideways-upside down looked like trees that were upside down. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back