What's new

Bird Crap

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
460
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's something I took a couple days ago...note the bird crap in the lower-right side...? Thought about cloning it out...but hey. I kinda wish it wasn't there, but it was there before I was.


beach wood 92 by charlie766, on Flickr
 
The wood is good. Nice photo.

The bird crap has to go. With the exception of guano-covered sea rocks shot from a distance, I have never seen crap in a photo that didn't look, well, horrible.
 
Jaemie said:
The wood is good. Nice photo.

The bird crap has to go. With the exception of guano-covered sea rocks shot from a distance, I have never seen crap in a photo that didn't look, well, horrible.

Ha!!! Ya...I had a feeling
 
cool shot, I can't notice the bird crap :lol:. did you clone it out already or am I blind
 
paigew said:
cool shot, I can't notice the bird crap :lol:. did you clone it out already or am I blind

Lol...no its still there. It's worn away...not freshy-fresh crap...old crap!
 
oh on the lower left side? I was looking on the right ;)
 
Jaemie said:
The wood is good. Nice photo.

The bird crap has to go. With the exception of guano-covered sea rocks shot from a distance, I have never seen crap in a photo that didn't look, well, horrible.

Ha!!! Ya...I had a feeling
 
Excellent.... If you had collected all those woods you had photographed, what a great wooden castle you could have made of them ,,,, and i could have concluded>> ,,,"and Charlie lived there happy ever after ......" ;)
...and that bird also wanted some indelible marks that would go down in history.......
Regards :D
 
Thanks!
 
Nice crapture. Seriously, love the wood shot, but the crap gotta go
 
Charlie, some of these wood photos of yours are really good -- nice work!

Now I got to tell you a story. I'm in grad school some 30 odd years ago studying photo. I'm looking at all these fabulous B&W images from the west coast Ed Weston groupies. Stuff like this: http://www.artvalue.com/image.aspx?PHOTO_ID=2462467

So I finally get my chance -- a trip to Big Sur and I've got my view camera! Being Midwest born and bred what do I know about the ocean? I arrive at Photography's most holy of holy places Point Lobos and head for the beach. There I see another photographer with his tripod set up and a Sinar view camera pointed down at the rocks. Is he famous?!! I'm so excited! He's on his hands and knees at the water's edge. As I get closer I see that he has a scrub brush in his hand and he is in fact scrubbing seagull sh*t off the rocks. Harsh reality slaps me in the face and I stop and look up and down the beach. There isn't a square foot that's not covered in bird crap. I'm standing in bird crap. Yep, the romantic dreams of youth are often crapped on by reality.

Joe
 
Ha..!! That's a great story! Thanks for sharing that tidbit...! Glad you like some of my wood images!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom