Bird Flu protest - hanging swan

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out on a walk this morning, i didnt get far before i stumbled accross this rather disturbing sight. (sorry about pic sizes, damn photobucket)

It was a swan hanging from the traffic lights at the local bridge:

swandeadblankwhite.jpg

It wasnt long until the RSPCA came to remove it:

P1010689.jpg

It turned out to be stuffed, and attached by a peice of wire:

P1010693.jpg

P1010694.jpg

Im thinking its either some drunken joke, or a protest against bird flu.

How strange you were there when the RSPCA turned up, anyone would think you'd put it there ;)

duncanp said:
lol, keeping u s in touch with reality at tpf....

you did remember to mail the contaminated one to america didnt you ? :lol:

That is not funny. Of course you are kidding, but animal disease is a serious subject. I can speak of the crippling effects to man and beast, but this is a photo forum.

Anyway. Love the first shot! very surreal. On the other hand I am wondering why someone would kill this beautiful animal. Let alone stake him a traffic light.

What sort of weirdo sticks a dead swan to a traffic light?

Also, i think the bird has been through enough without the RSPCA man abusing it in that last photo. I thought they were meant to help.

on this subject though, I once seen a pigs head stuck on a railing :confused:

1st one's great!

How do you protest against bird flu? What's it going to do, start spreading across the world, get to an angry mob and then go "oh yeah, you're right, I'll just stop"

The first you cant tell where the head it and looks like its flown into the the traffic lights and got stuck behind it, It doesnt work very well with the black and white in my opinion, sorry to moan.

Rest are brill though!

Such an odd picture, how do you find them....? I cant ever find shots like this...lol

You even got one of these (third?) published in the local paper in the end, didn`t you?

Most reactions

Back