Birdhouse for C&C

KylePeterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2nd try for me to shoot this birdhouse. It's been absolutely freezing up here in Minnesota, so I've been able to shoot for about 5 minutes at a time.

I had posted a shot of this birdhouse this weekend and decided to take some of the feedback and try again.

Let me know what you think!
Birdhouse2.jpg

The B&W conversion could use a little more contrast. Looks like it could be sharpened a bit too.

Are you choosing the focus point or is the camera deciding?

Instead of shooting this at f/10, ISO 200 and a shutter speed of 1/200, try shooting this at ISO 100, f/5.6 and a faster shutter speed to help put the background out of focus more.

You also might want to shoot this from a slightly lower point of view...level with the hole or the star. Maybe try a shot in portrait orientation and include a bit of the post.

I agree with all of the above. A couple other things...

I actually do like the selective color, which I typically don't.
Watch your composition (it would look better without the roof cropped)

Overall, not bad!

Watch your composition (it would look better without the roof cropped)
Yeah, I agree...something was bothering me about this picture when I was looking at it earlier. Now that I've looked at it again I see it's the cut off roof top that was bothering me earlier...and that bright spot to the left of the bird house.

Yeah, I agree...something was bothering me about this picture when I was looking at it earlier. Now that I've looked at it again I see it's the cut off roof top that was bothering me earlier...and that bright spot to the left of the bird house.

I definitely agree with the rooftop being cut off, I think its more vital to the picture than the post, but having both would be lovely. I also agree that there needs to be more contrast.

I have always been turned off by pictures of birdhouses, but for some reason, I really like this picture...and I don't even mind the bright spot on the left of the birdhouse...I think it will be ok once you add more contrast!

Great Shot! :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I see what you mean about the top being cut off. I didn't even notice it when I cropped the pic. I'd like to work on the contrast to the black and white so we'll see how it turns out!

Most reactions

Back