Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Patrolling the River

2. Gull with Bridges in the Background

3. The Outhouse

All shot with Nikon D70s and Nikkor 18-200 VR.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I love #1, really really !!

Thanks, Charles!

I'm not overly happy with the B&W conversion of the last one, so here's the original:

Last edited:
I liked the colored one of the 3rd photo the most. All nice shots though. Congratulations

I might be the odd one out here but I actually prefer your conversion to the original colour version of 3. And I really like the NAME you gave that photo :biggrin: !

In Photo 2 I quite appreciate how you also composed your background (apparently even more so than the subject in focus!) to make it pleasing along with your subject in focus.

I miss the tip of the first elevated structure on the bridge in 1. While you had, indeed, found yourself a very good spot from where to look at the many different bridges, composition looks a tad random to me here, like you saw the gull flying past and quickly tried to get THAT scene framed, with too little time to really plan for it, with regards to composition. What did come to your aid was that you had already set up at this well chosen spot!

In Photo 2 I quite appreciate how you also composed your background (apparently even more so than the subject in focus!) to make it pleasing along with your subject in focus.
These were shot in Portland (Oregon), one of whose attractions are its many bridges. Among many nicknames, Portland is known as Bridgetown. So yes, the first two images here are from a series of shots with bridges that I made while there. At some point I got tired of just bridges and started adding living beings to the frames :)

composition looks a tad random to me here, like you saw the gull flying past and quickly tried to get THAT scene framed, with too little time to really plan for it, with regards to composition. What did come to your aid was that you had already set up at this well chosen spot!
Where you in Portland in January?? Maybe right behind me? Because that's EXACTLY what happened. I had framed a scene and was ready to press the shutter, and then this gull showed up so I quickly reframed and shot it. (In the original scene, the convergence of the bridge and the highway structure was going to be on the bottom left, not dead centre... plus a boat was approaching from the right.)

Thanks LaFoto and Tayfun for your comments!

Most reactions

Back