Birds and the Bees ( L glass, or not L glass? )

Which is the L lens

• Bird Pic

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Bee Pic

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Too close image quality to tell.
Both good shots.

If I had to guess I'd say the bee is L glass.
Could easily go the other way.

My question is , The difference in dollars between the two lenses?
Bang for the buck?? You didn't go wrong with the non-L glass.

Yes, I realize the quality is really close and hard to tell. I guess more than anything, this is a psychological test. :) What is your reasoning for thinking the bee is the L glass, is it just a gut feel or something specific? I will wait a while to reveal the answer and setup for each shot.

I'd say the Bird is shot with an L glass. Pictures taken from a short distance, like the bee pic, usually look good even with a cheap glass.

tough to tell, they are totally different shots...cant judge the bokeh, thats usually what separates L from non-L

Last edited:
I'd say the Bird is shot with an L glass. Pictures taken from a short distance, like the bee pic, usually look good even with a cheap glass.

Good point. Unless its a NON-IS L lens handheld. LOL

So I guess so far each shot has 1 vot for L glass. I would have set up a voting system, if I knew how. LOL.

I just added a poll, please vote.

Can't really say which is 'L' and which isn't, but the first one looks like film to me for some reason...

Can't really say which is 'L' and which isn't, but the first one looks like film to me for some reason...

Interesting. Does it look grainy? Or just the color of it? Did you vote? There is no right or wrong, I guess just go with your gut. I just want to see which one wins the most votes.

It doesn't seem overly soft to me. Anyone else seeing that? So you think its soft, but still think its the L lens? ( I didn't do anything to trick anyone like sharpen one a lot and leave one soft )

Interesting. Does it look grainy? Or just the color of it? Did you vote? There is no right or wrong, I guess just go with your gut. I just want to see which one wins the most votes.
No, not grainy - just the vibrance of the blue sky I guess ... it has a certain 'film' look... That's a good thing. ;)

Didn't vote yet (I don't think the poll was up when I first replied, or I didn't see it if it was...), but I will now...

I think the bee is your 50mm with an extension tube.
Nice guess....its 4:06 my time. I will reveal the answers at 8pm. I will say that they are two different bodies as well. Not that it matters all that much.

135 views and 9 votes? cmon people, just make a rough guess. noone will question your infinite wisdom if you guess wrong, its just for fun and I am not tracking individuals votes anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back