Birds in Flight

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first real attempt at it. Not sure how much help i can get being a Fujifilm xt2 user. I shot in continuous h, zone large square, afc mode 2, 100-400 with 1.4 tc. I tried wide tracking zone but nothing was coming out. My have to go into custom settings to experiment. This stuff is hard! I started at 200 as they were appproaching from distance, locked focus, then zoomed. SOOC jpeg

1492950229090.jpg

1492950254040.jpg

1492950266765.jpg

1492950279115.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Great sharp pics, what bird is #4 it's totally awesome in black.

I think that zooming out, you will lose focus. Focusing at the extreme end of the zoom then pulling back you will retain focus. But action is hard and BIF is very hard. Keep trying different combo until you find the winning combo ... or until someone with an XT2 and BIF expertise steps up. (The problem is that you and I may be the only XT2 shooters in TPF ... maybe Steve if he ever wakes up, lol.)

I think that zooming out, you will lose focus. Focusing at the extreme end of the zoom then pulling back you will retain focus. But action is hard and BIF is very hard. Keep trying different combo until you find the winning combo ... or until someone with an XT2 and BIF expertise steps up. (The problem is that you and I may be the only XT2 shooters in TPF ... maybe Steve if he ever wakes up, lol.)
I'll try it. Then maybe I can help someone for once. Steve is feeling the pressure, I can sense it. Lol

lol Actually for a while I've been looking at Sony and FujiFilm for a Full Spectrum, probably FujiFilm.
And years ago before I bought into Nikon I nearly bought into FujiFilm.

If it all was free ....

Very nice! BIFs are tough no matter what you're shooting with. I especially like #2.

Very nice.

Only help I can give is try different combo's of auto focus settings until you find one that can lock focus and continue to focus on quickly moving objects.
After that it's just practice.

From the Michael the Maven guy that tested the XT-2 against the Nikon D500 and his conclusion once you get the AF setup the best for birds in flight which ever that is supposedly had a higher keeper rate then the D500 side to side but head on Nikon D500 held the edge + buffer. The Fuji system is pretty impressive even if none of this is true just holding one looking over placement of dials and build quality is amazing. I don't have the XT-2 but have XT-10 and very impressed with it. I don't use as often as I should but still every time I take it out of the bag I think the same thing that I love it.

Thanks Logan

Very nice! BIFs are tough no matter what you're shooting with. I especially like #2.

Thanks bat

Very Nice Set.

Thanks David

Very nice.

Only help I can give is try different combo's of auto focus settings until you find one that can lock focus and continue to focus on quickly moving objects.
After that it's just practice.

Thanks Trevor.

From the Michael the Maven guy that tested the XT-2 against the Nikon D500 and his conclusion once you get the AF setup the best for birds in flight which ever that is supposedly had a higher keeper rate then the D500 side to side but head on Nikon D500 held the edge + buffer. The Fuji system is pretty impressive even if none of this is true just holding one looking over placement of dials and build quality is amazing. I don't have the XT-2 but have XT-10 and very impressed with it. I don't use as often as I should but still every time I take it out of the bag I think the same thing that I love it.

Thanks, I'll look him up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back