Birds on an Icy Day

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday turned out pretty and icy around here, it was a dark, dreary, rainy day so I didn't get to venture far so feeder birds it was!

#1 - seems a little soft. However, boy does he have a pissed-off look! I'd say you captured it pretty well.
#2 - looks like he's growing something out of his chest. Yes, I know it's the background, but at first glance it looked a little strange. He too doesn't look too impressed with the weather.
#3 - in my opinion, probably the best of the bunch. It's busy, but it conveys the situation very well.

We didn't get any ice - just snow, and now the temperature is around 7-8C so it's all melting. Eastern Ontario and southern Quebec have had all the ice storm we could handle in 1998 - we'll be happy to never see this again.

Ew! First one is totally the wrong upload!

Ah yes the Blue Jay had Mourning Dove issues lol but he also caught the most light, I should have shot him longer (and put these in just for fun since I knew they were far from great ;) )

It wasn't horrible around here, nothing close to your ice storm! We did lose some medium sized branches off a few trees close to the house and some deadfall fell in other areas on the property, south of us rows of hydro poles came down, lots of branches and trees also, bit of a cleanup but we have seen much worse ;)

Burr!! No more posting pictures of ice and snow...lol

I'm with Mishele on this one. C'mon its freakin April 13th already. Will the sun gods please go visit PixelRabbit. lol

I'm with Mishele on this one. C'mon its freakin April 13th already. Will the sun gods please go visit PixelRabbit. lol

PixelRabbit, nice shots. I trust you weren't too inconvenienced by the storm as I understand a few folks were without power for a while.

Rick, if you send the sun gods to PixelRabbit, please have them stop by my part of the world on their way - southern Canadian Prairies - we are expecting anywhere from 10 to 30 cm of snow overnight and into Sunday - second weekend in a row we have more than 5 cm of snow. :grumpy:

WesternGuy

I really feel for you guys. I spent 30 years in the cold so I know in the spring your just itching to get out. Hopefully this all ends soon!

Gotta disagree with those who like #3. The subject is very hard to pick out of the background. I very much like #2. Oh, and sorry for the folks on the prairies and back east---it's sunny and mild here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back