birthday lens

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to ask for a lens for my birthday in may and I am sure to get it (with in reason)...I am a very good girl :)...oh thats christmas. Anyways, I like to do landscapes and portraits. I shoot kids and families the most.

I have
50mm f/1.8
75-300mm f/4-5.6 (it is free really but I almost never use it because it is
low quality)
18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (which isnt a bad lens, but I think the IS is different)

I have been eyeing a few
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS
Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS

And I was even thinking of maybe a macro, just for fun.

What would you get? One of these or something different?

The two 'L' models are both great lenses. Can't go wrong either way (unless of course you wanted to upgrade that to an F2.8 lens)

The 28-135mm isn't on the same level at the other two, but is a decent 'walk around' lens.

My friend has the 70-200 f/4 L but NO IS. It is a great lens and takes amazing pictures. Like mike said, you cant go wrong with L glass. I guess it really comes down to what range you think you want the most. You might also want to consider a super wide angle lens if you think you would like doing some shots with that look.

I would get a wide angle...just so you have something different!

Or go crazy and get a fisheye....haha...those are fun, but not very practical. :p

Like mike said go for either of the "L" lenses... try to figure out what you need more and base your choice on that.
For what you have there and what you need, i think i`ll go for the 70-200mm... and if you really wanna go crazy on that.. go for the f/2.8 version... but it`s like 600 bucks more :|

Most reactions

Back