Bit of experimenting last night.

JeramyJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I did a bit of experimenting last night with exposure times etc. Rather new to that. Lots of snow and ice abound. These are off my front porch basically. :meh: Let me know what you think.

Snow%202010%20Pictures%20235-1.JPG

Snow%202010%20Pictures%20215-1.JPG

i wouldnt consider the shots anything special. but did you get anything from it? if you learned something about what happens at different shutter speeds and stuff, then it was a good night of experimenting.

i wouldnt consider the shots anything special. but did you get anything from it? if you learned something about what happens at different shutter speeds and stuff, then it was a good night of experimenting.

Oddly that was my take as well. I did learn a great deal so that paid off. As for great looking shots, given the subject matter these were just to test the waters so to speak. :lol:

Thanks.

Looks like a car went by during the second shot...how long was the shutter open?

If you're shooting RAW, I'd think about adjusting the color temperature/white balance a little before converting to jpeg.

Looks like a car went by during the second shot...how long was the shutter open?
I believe it was 10 seconds at F11. Will have to check the EXIF though for sure.

Shot in JPEG. Have no experience with RAW just yet. Thanks for the insight though.

I would disagree with those that dont like these photos, but I am partial to night time long exposures, so... :)

I will agree with the comment about adjusting the WB, I would have made it a bit colder.

I especially like the second photo, but I would suggest cropping the darker areas mostly off in the right and bottom of the frame. The lone streetlight and light trail are very strong, and I feel that the dark areas are a little distracting.

There is a lot to be learned about long exposure photography, but for me, the best way was to simply take plenty of photos to learn to attain the effect I was looking for. Keep up the good work!

Most reactions

Back