Black and White conversions of some Underwater photography

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comments welcome... not sure if all of these work!

$!-angel-PICT0148-bw.jpg

$!MorayPICT0217bw.jpg

$!PICT0107bw.jpg

$!-TurtlePICT0137bw.jpg

$!-PICT0088bw.jpg

The last works very well for me. The school of fish is nice too. I would have to say that most will look better in color simply because oceanic color is unique color, color you do not see as often in land creatures. It is otherworldly to us, mysterious, and therefore, visually interesting.

I don't know, what to admire more: you as a photographer or you as a diver. That's damn good underwater work, regardless color or b&w.

The last works very well for me. The school of fish is nice too. I would have to say that most will look better in color simply because oceanic color is unique color, color you do not see as often in land creatures. It is otherworldly to us, mysterious, and therefore, visually interesting.

agreed about the color... but wanted to try something a little different. See if they could stand on their own, without the color, lol! Thanks!

I don't know, what to admire more: you as a photographer or you as a diver. That's damn good underwater work, regardless color or b&w.

You are too kind! When you love something as much as I love diving, and photography... you try to do it well!

I looked at both your color and black & white photo's and they are awesome. Something about black and white photo's that make them stand out, they get me every time. I admire your ability to take such beautiful photo's and your bravery for going into the ocean.

I looked at both your color and black & white photo's and they are awesome. Something about black and white photo's that make them stand out, they get me every time. I admire your ability to take such beautiful photo's and your bravery for going into the ocean.

It is something I love to do... I don't consider it bravery, but thank you! I am very much at home under the water... I would grow gills if I could, lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back